Accident on June 23 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Accident on June 23

Lukeeelu

Recently I have been into accident no broken bones, Just both of my legs can't lift them up and my shoulder is in a pain can't lift anything up.
My question is that am I at fault at this accident or the drivers fault, officer have said its my fault but I'm still waiting for the insurance company to have the final say.
Is it worth it if I find a lawyer for this or not?
Sorry it's my first time getting into accident so I don't really know anything.
https://youtu.be/VGwvDDGUqCU

Thanks.

Recently I have been into accident no broken bones, Just both of my legs can't lift them up and my shoulder is in a pain can't lift anything up.
My question is that am I at fault at this accident or the drivers fault, officer have said its my fault but I'm still waiting for the insurance company to have the final say.

Thanks.

Common, you have to be trolling us! Your fault? No way

No way your fault.

Did you see how the driver of the car checked the damage on his vehicle before checking on the rider?!?!

I hope he burns in hell.

Assuming that's the video of the accident in question there is no freakin possible way on the face of the planet it's your fault. If I got charged as at fault I would not only lawyer up in a hurry but I'd have said lawyer go down to the officers detachment and show their supervisor that video. That should not even get to court as that officer will get laughed out of the courtroom, and I'd like to think any judge in his right mind would give him/her a dressing down at the same time for having wasted the courts time.

That's utterly ridiculous. What exactly did he charge you with?

Either way, for a serious injury situation like that I'd be lawyering up. I'm not normally the litigious sort, but that was 1000000% the fault of the cager who clearly wasn't paying attention and didn't see you. Cover your *** six ways to Sunday, these sorts of injuries can plague you for years, or potentially the rest of your life.

Lukeelu...have you seen a doctor yet? Go see your Family Physician if you haven't already.

Also your insurance gives you injury benefits as well. Go do some physio. Where abouts do you live?

No way your fault.

Did you see how the driver of the car checked the damage on his vehicle before checking on the rider?!?!

I hope he burns in hell.

Yeah Ikr!! And he didn't even come help me, Just stare at me and talk to the guy beside him...

Assuming that's the video of the accident in question there is no freakin possible way on the face of the planet it's your fault. If I got charged as at fault I would not only lawyer up in a hurry but I'd have said lawyer go down to the officers detachment and show their supervisor that video. That should not even get to court as that officer will get laughed out of the courtroom, and I'd like to think any judge in his right mind would give him/her a dressing down at the same time for having wasted the courts time.

That's utterly ridiculous. What exactly did he charge you with?

Either way, for a serious injury situation like that I'd be lawyering up. I'm not normally the litigious sort, but that was 1000000% the fault of the cager who clearly wasn't paying attention and didn't see you. Cover your *** six ways to Sunday, these sorts of injuries can plague you for years, or potentially the rest of your life.

He haven't press any charges yet.. But he said at this moment Im at fault since the witness and the driver said I did something wrong.. But I wasn't doing anything wrong.. I literally just pulled out my work place 20 seconds after the crash... my speed was approximately 65km/h

Lukeelu...have you seen a doctor yet? Go see your Family Physician if you haven't already.

Also your insurance gives you injury benefits as well. Go do some physio. Where abouts do you live?

The insurance guy say the health care will call me shortly but never happen been 4 days now, I live in Richmond Hill

The insurance guy say the health care will call me shortly but never happen been 4 days now, I live in Richmond Hill

Yeah. Same thing happened to me. I went out and got my own.

The video clearly shows that the car violated your right-of-way, so you are in no way at fault in this collision. Even without the video, I can't see how the driver isn't 100% at fault both legally, and by insurance rules. The only way it could be considered even a percentage otherwise would be if you were doing 15+ Kmh over the limit.

Now go see a doctor. You don't have to wait for the insurance company to OK it and you don't need to be in pain.

The 'Fault Determination Rules' are used - the other driver should be 100% at fault. Share this video with your onsurance adjuster to ensure this happens.

You can forget about the police and the other driver now. As long as you were not charged. If you did get a ticket, then a lawyer may help you with that.

Your own insurance policy pays for your medical/injuries. A lot of people get lawyers to help them with this as the insurance companies fight tooth and nail to minimize anything they have to pay out for your injuries, e.g. Physio, wage-loss, etc.

With the other driver being found 100% at fault, then repairs to your bike would be covered under he DCPD part of your policy, so your insurance company will pay to get it fixed with no deductible. Even if you do not have collision coverage. I've never heard of a lawyer helping with this part, but if your bike was to be totalled and you get some sort of payment, you should make sure it's a fair deal and the insurance co is not lowballing you on the first offer.

When I got into my accident in early May, for the 1st week I was worried senseless because I had no idea whether or not I was going to be seen as At Fault or not. The insurance company was waiting to see the police report.

I called the Police Traffic services department numerous times before I got a nice officer who looked up my report number and told me to swing by and he'd print it out for me. I went from that police station straight to Kinkos and faxed my insurance company a copy.
Very next morning I got a call from my insurance saying I wasn't at fault and I wouldn't pay a cent.

It's a painfully slow process unfortunately, but this video proves he turned into you direction of travel so he is at fault.

Thanks.

IMO 100% the white car driver's fault.

Did the cop just say it's your fault or did he write a ticket? Negating a comment is different than negating a ticket.

Get medical help for the aches and pains now. If you have bruising, particularly in the legs it can lead to an embolism weeks or months later. One embolism in six is fatal. I'm in the lucky column.

Read up on accident benefits or see a lawyer. The benefits which we pay for dearly have been slashed to pathetic levels unless they've been topped up. You may puke when you see the pathetic health coverage.

I'm guessing the bike is a write-off so stop thinking about it and get your health looked after.

P.S. This is a public forum so be careful on what you post.

Last edited:
Sorry that happened, and sorry that the cop is making a complicated situation even more complicated...

GWS...

Back
Top Bottom