Do you know these motorcycles? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Do you know these motorcycles?

SUCCESS.
I got some contact information from the MOT and I have been in touch with the registered owner.
She will contact Felipe in Peru via email.

Congrats on your detective work.

Tease! So what's their story? How, why did the bikes get left there?

Blown final drive?

Congrats on your detective work.

Tease! So what's their story? How, why did the bikes get left there?

They probably brought them down to tour with, or did a tour and left them there. I saw a picture of the bikes, looks like a 650 gs and a 1100/1150 GS. Both will have some value, but maybe the price of shipping back was more then the value to the owner?

They probably brought them down to tour with, or did a tour and left them there. I saw a picture of the bikes, looks like a 650 gs and a 1100/1150 GS. Both will have some value, but maybe the price of shipping back was more then the value to the owner?

Lightcycle time travelling again and misplacing their bikes around the world?

Lightcycle time travelling again and misplacing their bikes around the world?

Gene & Neda should pick them up for pennies on the $ and keep them stored in the garage as their South American bikes!

I'll get back to you when I hear from Felipe how it all turns out.
Suffice to say the owner should be in touch with him shortly with some sort of resolution.

@statsman, what's Felipe saying?

Sent from my custom Purple Joe Bass mobile on Tapatalk

As you know, I offered to assist Felipe with finding the owners of the motorcycles.
They are both owned by the same woman.
Back in July I phoned the address listed on the ownership. It was in fact the home of the owner's mother.
I gave her all the relevant info including Felipe's email. She said she would pass it on.
No response.
Felipe has informed me that when a foreign owned vehicle enters Peru, it is given a customs waiver for 6 months.
This waiver can be renewed, but since the bikes have been in Peru since 2012, they would be seized by Peruvian customs when they tried to leave the country.
So much for buying them, flying to Peru and riding them home.
Felipe is now exploring options for disposing of them locally.
I don't think anyone can claim he hasn't gone the extra mile.

Last edited:
Oh well. Gene & Neda couldn't by bikes which are restricted to just 1 country. One continent, maybe!

I thought this thread was dead. Shirley this is the end.

I would smuggle the parts out in packets of cocaine.

Thanks for the closure

strip em down to bits, crate them and ship them out as parts.....reassemble somewhere of your choosing...?

This would require you to:
Find the current owner and buy the bikes.
Get the ownership changed.
Contact Felipe in Peru and satisfy him you now own the bikes.
Pay Felipe to have the bikes broken up and crated.
Pray that the Peruvian authorities don't check the VINs when they leave the country.
Pay for shipping.
Pay Canadian duty to import them.
Pay to have the parts re-assembled.
I think at about Step 4 you were already out of pocket more than the bikes are worth.

Back
Top Bottom