When did Jeep Wranglers become so bloody expensive??? | Page 8 | GTAMotorcycle.com

When did Jeep Wranglers become so bloody expensive???

You must mean deep snow. No way a jeep out handles an AWD sedan before clearance comes in to play.

I meant that you'd be surprised because I can likely keep up with you just fine... and would have fun doing it.

I'm not here to argue, but I love my jeep and will be very sad to see it go, but I likely won't have it come winter to test out your theory.

BTW, my jeep is the Rubicon edition with no fancy ABS or traction control features. Just great tires with a 50/50 weight distribution and equal power to each wheel all the time. Winter is one of the seasons when this baby shines.

I grew up in the snow belt (which was much further south than it is now) and almost nobody had 4wd , and I think AWD was in its infancy, I got on for years with 2WD F100 then an F150, my parents cars were rear wheel drive. Getting a front wheel drive was a revelation and my first ride in a 4X4 was like a farm tractor the way it climbed drifts.
AWD, 4WD, anything is better than a rear wheel drive Plymouth Volare. (which replaced the Belvedre ) my F100 was awesome until the snow got deeper than a 1/4" .

I grew up in the snow belt (which was much further south than it is now) and almost nobody had 4wd , and I think AWD was in its infancy, I got on for years with 2WD F100 then an F150, my parents cars were rear wheel drive. Getting a front wheel drive was a revelation and my first ride in a 4X4 was like a farm tractor the way it climbed drifts.
AWD, 4WD, anything is better than a rear wheel drive Plymouth Volare. (which replaced the Belvedre ) my F100 was awesome until the snow got deeper than a 1/4" .
We had one of those briefly when I was growing up. Slowest car I've ever driven (slant 6 that felt like only 2 plugs were firing). Radio so bad I put a portable stereo on the front bench seat to listen to.

I think that tires used in the summer heat get hardened where they're a lot less effective during the winter. I suspect that a lot of folks like this run the same tire all year round.

fae4812686ec672e977464b061246870_zpsugz6yukx.jpg

I run Firestone Winterforce in the winter
b91573c60d523b57e09c92fb73644424_zps2976fc37.jpg

And BFG ATs the othe three months
0B739030-E3FC-422D-9A6F-C007CFE0AED3_zpsn8wrztu8.jpg

OEM size is good enough for me. The first year, I found a set of new takeoff wheels with the TPMS sensors on kijiji, so it's a quick swap on the driveway twice a year.

Ours is a mall crawler for sure. Sticker price was over $45k but got the dealer down to $42k. Definitely over priced but can't argue the resale value. Fun vehicle for sure. Nothing like having the top down with no doors and my dog riding shot gun.

I have a 2008 European sedan the build quality is about a decade ahead of our 2015 jeep. But we still drive the jeep more.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Test drove a Wrangler Sport this afternoon on a whim as I was passing by the local dealership.

Fun little toy. Like the look, and the TONS of aftermarket toys to be had.

Throttle felt very unresponsive and heavy compared to my Genesis.

Dealer was pushing hard to sell me one of the remaining 2016's on the the lot, but for some reason didn't understand why I wasn't ready to drop $38k on the spot EVEN considering they are 0% finance right now.

I do need something to haul the race bike but I think I'll wait a couple months for the 17's.

Supposedly some more engine options and some style updates.

Make sure you get the tow package if your idea is to tow.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

Strange observation yesterday. I always thought of jeeps as a small or mid size vehicle. But a coworker's newer gen 4door Wrangler beside an older gen Expedition and they were almost the same size.

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

Test drove a Wrangler Sport this afternoon on a whim as I was passing by the local dealership.

Fun little toy. Like the look, and the TONS of aftermarket toys to be had.

Throttle felt very unresponsive and heavy compared to my Genesis.

Dealer was pushing hard to sell me one of the remaining 2016's on the the lot, but for some reason didn't understand why I wasn't ready to drop $38k on the spot EVEN considering they are 0% finance right now.

I do need something to haul the race bike but I think I'll wait a couple months for the 17's.

Fiat Chrysler America have the worst dealership experience out there. Pushy, slick staff that experience high turnover. It's obvious that sell sell sell is all they try to do, while the industry overall focuses more on building relationships and high customer satisfaction, even compared to 10 years ago. FCA are stuck in the 70s.

Fiat Chrysler America have the worst dealership experience out there. Pushy, slick staff that experience high turnover. It's obvious that sell sell sell is all they try to do, while the industry overall focuses more on building relationships and high customer satisfaction, even compared to 10 years ago. FCA are stuck in the 70s.
Well that is debatable, I had a horrible experience at a place while looking at a Jeep and had a great experience where I end up buying my Jeep. Same thing with my wife's car which is Hyundai. Happens everywhere with every brand unless you are looking at high end cars.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

I wasn't just talking about personal experience.

http://www.jdpower.com/ratings/study/U.S.-Customer-Service-Index-(CSI)-Study/864ENG/Mass-Market/1362

Though I did have a hilariously terrible experience a few years ago, was a textbook example of what not to do. Anyways FCA seems to have ID'd the problem and have a program in place to improve things, but if they're still ***** to their dealers it won't make much difference IMO.

http://www.autonews.com/article/201...hips-for-excellence-in-customer-sales-service

I get emails at least once a month to come in and trade our 2015 jeep in. Even mail flyers.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

$38k? Hope that includes all taxes and fees, otherwise that's robbery for a Sport.
Also, no changes except for different colours for 2017. Hydro Blue is going away, new colour called Gobi is added. Engine and driveline options are the same for '17. Refresh isn't happening until 2018.

Yea I got my Willys Wheeler in 2014 $32k out the door. I was surprised if the prices went up that much.

$38k? Hope that includes all taxes and fees, otherwise that's robbery for a Sport.
Also, no changes except for different colours for 2017. Hydro Blue is going away, new colour called Gobi is added. Engine and driveline options are the same for '17. Refresh isn't happening until 2018.

Back
Top Bottom