When did Jeep Wranglers become so bloody expensive??? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

When did Jeep Wranglers become so bloody expensive???

true hardcore drives 4runner.

There is a reason why ISIS use exclusively Toyota 4runner.

Just make sure that if you get a Grand Cherokee you don't walk behind it when it's in park.

true hardcore drives 4runner.

There is a reason why ISIS use exclusively Toyota 4runner.
Yeah, cause they can't buy wranglers in bulk.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

lol not true. cause they dont want to be broken down on the road while in gun battles

exactly, like my F150 would live at the shop, my Ducati would never start, the Triumph would strand me, the VW deisel turbo would grenade, the timing belt on the GM blazer would let the engine eat itself and the porche would need brakes every 10k.

none of the above ever happened, but it was predicted here

lol - 2 years and the places I have put that jeep through and it has yet to even cough.

I had to grab a rental the other day when had the wife's car in for brakes and I felt like I was driving a plastic toy car compared to the jeep.

I can't ever go back to cars or even SUVs.

exactly, like my F150 would live at the shop, my Ducati would never start, the Triumph would strand me, the VW deisel turbo would grenade, the timing belt on the GM blazer would let the engine eat itself and the porche would need brakes every 10k.

Last edited:

You realise all of that is not made up right?

And toyota reliability is not a myth. Travel to the hardest part of the earth and see what brand the local use.

Mean while in NA, some guys soupe up their jeep to prove it can drive over terrain. Yet they never seen a jeep in place like Iceland.

I visted Facebook datacenter in Iceland, the local guys only drive toyota trucks. Top Gear also has a segment on Toyota indestructible truck. Go ahead deny all you want. I'm only stating the fact. I got no brand loyalty

And toyota reliability is not a myth. Travel to the hardest part of the earth and see what brand the local use.

Mean while in NA, some guys soupe up their jeep to prove it can drive over terrain. Yet they never seen a jeep in place like Iceland.

I visted Facebook datacenter in Iceland, the local guys only drive toyota trucks. Top Gear also has a segment on Toyota indestructible truck. Go ahead deny all you want. I'm only stating the fact. I got no brand loyalty

I was surprised when they showed the Toyota truck going to the South Pole I think...and they said no other truck could do this trip...I was surprised they did not use the Land Rovers.

But as you mention, they have guns strapped into the Toyos, lol

I am going off their web site special deal .... Price with a 0% .... Not like they change the price the moment I say i take zero % deal. When you compare the payments the 8 year deal is terrible ready to take advantage of people who cannot work out the math.

try walking in and saying you will pay everything up front without financing, negotiate a deal (I guarantee its a better one than their website special with 0%), and then tell then you want 0% financing on that price.....

that Top Gear segment was on an OLD Toyota truck, there is no argument about the quality of those.......try and do 10% of what they did to it to a new Tacoma and get back to us

lol - 2 years and the places I have put that jeep through and it has yet to even cough.

I had to grab a rental the other day when had the wife's car in for brakes and I felt like I was driving a plastic toy car compared to the jeep.

I can't ever go back to cars or even SUVs.

Heeps are nice. Especially the top spec Cheerokee's and Wranglers.
The regular people models and trims, they are most certainly, considered more plastic than 90% of this list:
http://oppositelock.kinja.com/americas-best-overland-vehicle-2016-1782331565

Heck, 1999 4runners are certainly comparable to the insides of the newest $40k Wranglers.. and that's after 250,000kms.
None of that matters if you're looking for absolute trail ratedness out of the box.. wtf are we discussing again?

oT9tJ.gif

I drive a Wrangler. In 2014, I sold my e39 MSport 530i and an e93 335i convertible, and replaced both with an Unlimited Sahara, loaded, dual-tops, NAV, leather, etc.

This year, with the release of the 75th Anniversary Edition, I was able to trade my '14 in, got more than I paid for it, and for about the cost of the powerdome hood and AEV bumpers alone that I was going to add, got a brand new one, with better mechanicals.

I've replaced a few items (I now know why everyone says Jeep stands for 'Just Empty Every Pocket'. List was something like $52K, and I've added 33" tires, upgraded lighting, enhanced rock rails, etc. The thing is unstoppable in the winter, certainly much better than my 5-series ever was, and in the summer, I pull off the doors and the roof. It's nowhere near as fast as my old N54 powered 335i, but it's a different kind of fun. I couldn't drive the 335i through 3' of snow or water, either. Besides, when I want to go fast, I throw my 1000RR onto a trailer, and head to the track.

If you're looking for one, save your time and buy new. They hold their value ridiculously well.

No regrets here.

I drive a Wrangler. In 2014, I sold my e39 MSport 530i and an e93 335i convertible, and replaced both with an Unlimited Sahara, loaded, dual-tops, NAV, leather, etc.

This year, with the release of the 75th Anniversary Edition, I was able to trade my '14 in, got more than I paid for it, and for about the cost of the powerdome hood and AEV bumpers alone that I was going to add, got a brand new one, with better mechanicals.

I've replaced a few items (I now know why everyone says Jeep stands for 'Just Empty Every Pocket'. List was something like $52K, and I've added 33" tires, upgraded lighting, enhanced rock rails, etc. The thing is unstoppable in the winter, certainly much better than my 5-series ever was, and in the summer, I pull off the doors and the roof. It's nowhere near as fast as my old N54 powered 335i, but it's a different kind of fun. I couldn't drive the 335i through 3' of snow or water, either. Besides, when I want to go fast, I throw my 1000RR onto a trailer, and head to the track.

If you're looking for one, save your time and buy new. They hold their value ridiculously well.

No regrets here.

Not knocking you , but i dont feel safe having you on the road. In a crash with your Jeep, all my high crash rating is thrown out the window.

Its interested to see you're justifying driving 33" wheels to your local super market.

Last edited:
Not knocking you , but i dont feel safe having you on the road. In a crash with your Jeep, all my high crash rating is thrown out the window.

Its interested to see you're justifying driving 33" wheels to your local super market.

What? I said 33" tires, not wheels. The stock size is 32". Reading comprehension fail. Lol.

Here's a visual:

35s-no-lift.jpg

[video=youtube;QxrcswedcTY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxrcswedcTY[/video]

Oh yea I forgot about winter driving - My model came with Mud tires and when it snows i have never been in a better vehicle, tall and grabs to the snow, unfortunately when it rains is pretty bad but who goes fast on a jeep anyways.

No regrets here.

Oh yea I forgot about winter driving - My model came with Mud tires and when it snows i have never been in a better vehicle, tall and grabs to the snow, unfortunately when it rains is pretty bad but who goes fast on a jeep anyways.

Wait until you replace your mud tires. I found them great in deep snow, but useless in rain and icy conditions. Replaced with Duratracs, and it drives like a tank now. I went out in the worst storms just for fun. You can drive around the speed limit, around cars stuck in snow, ditches, etc. It's awesome.

I was surprised when they showed the Toyota truck going to the South Pole I think...and they said no other truck could do this trip...I was surprised they did not use the Land Rovers.

But as you mention, they have guns strapped into the Toyos, lol

Scott Bradey who helped put together the South Pole Toyota trip is the Publisher of Overland Journal Magazine, based in Presscott AZ (where oddly enough I live part time....) got support from Toyota to make that happen, and they were more onside than any other brand.

When we toured Iceland in 2012 they were using F350 custom trucks on 38" wheels and older CJ's because they were very cheap. The Armada which is sold as something else? was pretty common.

We are doing 5 days next month in AZ/NM north through monument valley in a 4dr JK, i'll report back how many times it quits. 32-36C and elevations to 7,000ft, it will see snow, desert and hopefully a bar.

Back
Top Bottom