When did Jeep Wranglers become so bloody expensive??? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

When did Jeep Wranglers become so bloody expensive???

Pulling the doors off and lifting the roof panels out is a much different level of fun than putting top down on a convertible

yeah, I suppose this wears real quick for most Jeep buyers .... My friend had the same idea, he stripped the door once in a year, sold the Rubicon later, because it never saw offload and had much smaller space in the back, replaced it with Cherokee. Took a beating on trade-in ... It was an impulse buy on his end. Not saying that everyone is like that, but would bet that most follow the same path, hence the used market is pretty healthy.

96 months? That's insanity.
I'm not even sure that I'll be alive for another 96 months.

I think that many people are interested in the idea of owning a jeep. The reality is that there are some sacrifices to be made. I know many people that went back to other cars because they just weren't ready for it. There's truth to the saying "it's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand ".

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

The real question is, how is there even a market large enough to sustain mass production of these things?

I suspect the answer is the same for both questions; style.

Same thing that's keeping HD alive.

The market is a little broader than the GTA, Overlanding (or pretending to) is a huge hobby where they have expansive land and trails, sure many will never see gravel, nor will most GT cars ever see a track. Its style, and fun, and currently holds the best resale of any NA vehicle. Its not as bad as it looks.
Those HD people look like they are having fun.

wait for gas prices to creep up
or the rust starts kicking in

btw- Jeep had to pay Batman to drive on in the last movie:D
that ish ain't cheap bruh

wait for gas prices to creep up

FCA went balls deep in the gas guzzlers this year. Since the gas prices have come down, and Jeep/Ram sales have gone up, they are stopping the production of the Dart and the 200 .FCA thinks the price of gas will stay where its at, so why would they make something fuel efficient. Lol we'll see how that works out for them.

The market is a little broader than the GTA, Overlanding (or pretending to) is a huge hobby where they have expansive land and trails, sure many will never see gravel, nor will most GT cars ever see a track. Its style, and fun, and currently holds the best resale of any NA vehicle. Its not as bad as it looks.
Those HD people look like they are having fun.
For sure, nothing wrong with adding a little style to life. Just wanted to be clear about what sustains these models popularity, because it's not all hard core offroaders.

Anything hard core has a following of soft core at about 1-100 give or take. I could give many examples but don't want to be a crashing bore.

My father in law in the USA had 3 leases back to back of Jeep Grand Cherokee's (fully loaded models). I had a chance to see these trucks up close over the years, and they are very nice vehicles (even nicer when on a lease).

On Dec. 2014 he switched to a Cadillac SRX. The price was a factor - the Cadillac with every single option under the sun was quite a bit cheaper than the Jeep Grand Cherokee. The size was another, he doesn't need that big a truck anymore.

Basically, the fully loaded Grand Cherokee is getting too close to Escalade price range!!

your at the airport rental counter and the guy/gal says,
Kia Sportage
Hyundia Santa Fe
Ford Escape
Jeep Wrangler

its two people, it may snow, the sun may shine, it has to hold two suitcases and get you to grandmas house

its not that hard a choice.

PS. somebody you knew in highschool could see you in it.

Kia Sportage
Hyundia Santa Fe
Ford Escape
Jeep Wrangler

its two people, it may snow, the sun may shine, it has to hold two suitcases and get you to grandmas house

Oh so true. If we were invisible half the **** we do we wouldn't do. Or to the intensity.

Kia Sportage
Hyundia Santa Fe
Ford Escape
Jeep Wrangler

Nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.
Talking about the jeep not grandmas.

Congrats, people who don't know just don't know. There is a lot of jeep haters out there and mostly is lack of knowledge of what that thing can do. meh
I just bought a new one on Friday, I started looking on Monday, they just sell themselves and dealers have no interest in much negotiation. There is a guy standing behind you that will buy it. I wanted a little more than base model, got to 36k pretty fast.
Pulling the doors off and lifting the roof panels out is a much different level of fun than putting top down on a convertible.

For sad resale value, traded an F150, 2013 , paid 35k, got 12,500. $6500. a yr to own an F150.........

I never put the bolts on the door back again since the first summer, takes me about 3 min to remove both doors and the roof comes down in about 2 min.
Jeep is a different car, so you are right that most people will most likely sell it. It rides weird in the highway, suspension is made for offroad and not for going to the mall. But I wouldn't change it for anything else.

My wife was looking into the Grand Cherokee in 2013, fully loaded like the one she wanted was low 80s, she was buying cash so she didn't think it was worth that kind of money. She end up with teh Santa Fe turbo fully loaded, we are pretty happy with the purchase.
yeah, I suppose this wears real quick for most Jeep buyers .... My friend had the same idea, he stripped the door once in a year, sold the Rubicon later, because it never saw offload and had much smaller space in the back, replaced it with Cherokee. Took a beating on trade-in ... It was an impulse buy on his end. Not saying that everyone is like that, but would bet that most follow the same path, hence the used market is pretty healthy.

Last edited:
I had a 97 TJ. First brand new vehicle ever for me

Terrible on gas, helluva fun 4x4. That thing went everywhere! We had to winch it out of the lake once...

Jeep people are a odd breed, seems half want it as a convertible, the other half beat the crap outta them.

I'd buy one again if I had extra cash then again I could probably find better things to buy with said cash.

Doors I could probably still manage myself (although they were heavy for me) and had a lift system rigged in garage for roof to be pulleyed up. However even that was a major PITA if you didn't have proper soft top. Soft tops sucks in winter.

Not practical, but it's a Jeep thing...

ZX600 is right, some people just don't know. My brother had a CJ that was just beautiful. And by beautiful I mean a real jeep imo. 33" tires. Doors and roof came off in spring. Didn't get put back on until first snow. Off road every weekend. Rain? Oh well. Marine radio and neoprene seat covers. Too cold? Put on a goose jacket. Really cool, but not practical for a princess like me.

I never put the bolts on the door back again since the first summer, takes me about 3 min to remove both doors and the roof comes down in about 2 min.
Jeep is a different car, so you are right that most people will most likely sell it. It rides weird in the highway, suspension is made for offroad and not for going to the mall. But I wouldn't change it for anything else.

You sound like a perfect fit for the vehicle. But I would really bet that most are not and have no idea what they are getting into.

You go door-less and roof-less in the winter too? Now, that would be true hardcore Jeep lover.

You sound like a perfect fit for the vehicle. But I would really bet that most are not and have no idea what they are getting into.

You go door-less and roof-less in the winter too? Now, that would be true hardcore Jeep lover.
Lol no that would be true hard core stupid.

and play hockey/polo on frozen lake or open field...you are onto the next Jeepy thing to do:p

Back
Top Bottom