When did Jeep Wranglers become so bloody expensive??? | GTAMotorcycle.com

When did Jeep Wranglers become so bloody expensive???

DJM

Site Supporter
I'm in shock. Wandered over to a Chrysler tent sale at the mall with the missus. Always wanted a basic Jeep I can take the doors and top off to tool around in the nice weather.

$34K OTD for a stripped Wrangler Sport. A 4dr with some (what I thought were basic) options $53K! They make it so appealing, just $500 a month for 96 months sign here please. JFC I had no idea. Guess I'll be looking at convertibles.

Look for a Willis wheeler model. They have better rims, rubicon shocks and the soft top is a lot nicer. Dana 45 rear transmission as well. They are selling them for the same amount as the basic sport, it's an American model so sales guys have no clue about them but there are tons in canada. I got mine 32 out the door in 2014.

Wrangler is one of the hottest selling vehicles out there.

Here is mine, don't have a better picture
10564fc878e24658075cadd893393ce8.jpg

Last edited:
Check the used market and it will make your head spin ... Nobody knows really why, people just keep paying the asking prices I guess ... So supply demand rues.

My friend bought one new last year, and the dealer has told him don't even bother with a used one. He didn't believe him, but he quickly learned that he was right.

Jeep Wranglers became expensive once they become full blown SUVs but still had to be able to do Jeep things.

The Wrangler is the best bang for you buck in regards to offroading, but their driven 90% of the time by posers. People who put 35's and a set of rims on it, and the most offroading they've done is in a gravel parking lot. With popularity comes a price increase. It's one of FCA's best selling vehicles.

I had an XJ a couple years back, and I wanted to upgrade to a Wrangler. Bought a new 2dr 2WD Ram 1500 instead. Turns out everything I thought I needed 4WD for was twice as fun in 2WD and with 400hp. I can't take the doors off, but I saved $10k.

$35k is in the ballpark of the average transaction price of cars and light trucks.

Jeeps are in demand, people want them, so they're priced accordingly, and it's really easy to spend a lot more by checking option boxes.

96 months? That's insanity.

This is to get your purchase/loan into the same monthly-payment range as a lease. AFAIK Chrysler got out of the leasing business. You can still lease them but it's through a third party.

If you can get a very low interest rate, it's not a terrible idea to do it this way. You are going to be upside down on the loan for the first few years, though.

This is to get your purchase/loan into the same monthly-payment range as a lease. AFAIK Chrysler got out of the leasing business. You can still lease them but it's through a third party.

If you can get a very low interest rate, it's not a terrible idea to do it this way. You are going to be upside down on the loan for the first few years, though.

A few is eight?

They are approaching mortgage terms length ... LOL .... if they offer 0% for 6 years, why would anyone go at 3% for 8 years?? Your monthly payments are almost identical ... but you will save 5K for not carrying the extra two years. Am I missing something?

They are approaching mortgage terms length ... LOL .... if they offer 0% for 6 years, why would anyone go at 3% for 8 years?? Your monthly payments are almost identical ... but you will save 5K for not carrying the extra two years. Am I missing something?
the part where you get told that you don't qualify for 0% but you've already decided you're getting a jeep.

why would you want an overpriced, buck board riding, gas swilling Jeep? A quad for off roading if you need to get your thrills make much for sense and far cheaper.

A convertible would bring so much more joy.

I just bought a new one on Friday, I started looking on Monday, they just sell themselves and dealers have no interest in much negotiation. There is a guy standing behind you that will buy it. I wanted a little more than base model, got to 36k pretty fast.
Pulling the doors off and lifting the roof panels out is a much different level of fun than putting top down on a convertible.

For sad resale value, traded an F150, 2013 , paid 35k, got 12,500. $6500. a yr to own an F150.........

0% is an illusion, its a bought rate, meaning if the car actually costs $10K they finance it to you at $12k with 0% interest

0% is an illusion, its a bought rate, meaning if the car actually costs $10K they finance it to you at $12k with 0% interest

We all know there is no such thing as 0% money, but there sure is some cheap financing around right now.

I am going off their web site special deal .... Price with a 0% .... Not like they change the price the moment I say i take zero % deal. When you compare the payments the 8 year deal is terrible ready to take advantage of people who cannot work out the math.

Back
Top Bottom