When did Jeep Wranglers become so bloody expensive??? | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

When did Jeep Wranglers become so bloody expensive???

I'm in shock. Wandered over to a Chrysler tent sale at the mall with the missus. Always wanted a basic Jeep I can take the doors and top off to tool around in the nice weather.

$34K OTD for a stripped Wrangler Sport. A 4dr with some (what I thought were basic) options $53K! They make it so appealing, just $500 a month for 96 months sign here please. JFC I had no idea. Guess I'll be looking at convertibles.

Ninety six months.

http://www.elliottwave.com/Economy/Another-Credit-Bubble-Car-Loans-Top-1-Trillion-for-the-First-Time

Cracks are showing...

try walking in and saying you will pay everything up front without financing, negotiate a deal (I guarantee its a better one than their website special with 0%), and then tell then you want 0% financing on that price.....
This.
100x this.
They love to know how you'll be paying so they can use that angle. Went with my cuz years ago to buy a Hyundai. The sales guy kept asking " how much can you afford monthly?" I kept repeating " we want final otd price".

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

Wait until you replace your mud tires. I found them great in deep snow, but useless in rain and icy conditions. Replaced with Duratracs, and it drives like a tank now. I went out in the worst storms just for fun. You can drive around the speed limit, around cars stuck in snow, ditches, etc. It's awesome.

Just make sure you dont flip it over.

The point is not to be in the ditches in the first place, my subby can out run, out brake any Jeep in snow.

This.
100x this.
They love to know how you'll be paying so they can use that angle. Went with my cuz years ago to buy a Hyundai. The sales guy kept asking " how much can you afford monthly?" I kept repeating " we want final otd price".

I recalled a car sale man once said they prefer financing then cash deal. Maybe Mina can chime in. I forgot their reason, probably their contract.

I recalled a car sale man once said they prefer financing then cash deal. Maybe Mina can chime in. I forgot their reason, probably their contract.
Financing kickback?

Financing kickback?

Yeah ... or rebate, but i found it true when i shop as well. Cash deal does not give you the power like you do on kijiji " i will give you xxx cash today bro " while 'xxx' is half of your asking price.

My reply is always " no i only take financing bro, please give me your SIN so i can run credit check"

Jeeps are great and by far the best vehicle in the winter for traction coupled with ground clearance. I was into jeeps and taking them offroad for a few years and even took a road trip to Utah to offroad in Moab.

Now I'm into motorcycles and am selling my jeep if anyone is interested :)

dims_07-24-08.jpg

img_3606.jpg

Jeeps are great and by far the best vehicle in the winter for traction coupled with ground clearance. I was into jeeps and taking them offroad for a few years and even took a road trip to Utah to offroad in Moab.

Now I'm into motorcycles and am selling my jeep if anyone is interested :)

dims_07-24-08.jpg

img_3606.jpg
You must mean deep snow. No way a jeep out handles an AWD sedan before clearance comes in to play.

You must mean deep snow. No way a jeep out handles an AWD sedan before clearance comes in to play.
Have you ever driven a Jeep in the snow? I have driven a AWD in the snow.

AWD is a joke compared to 4WD Brake lock differential on a jeep.

Last edited:
[video=youtube;sd6weZXYqcg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sd6weZXYqcg[/video]

Last edited:
I doubt a jeep even with BLD can handle this hill climbing. If you understand that all different type of AWD you will see why

[video=youtube;YidkaqlW9ns]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YidkaqlW9ns[/video]

Have you ever driven a Jeep in the snow? I have driven a AWD in the snow.

AWD is a joke compared to 4WD Brake lock differential on a jeep.

A joke is your comment showing how little you understand different types of AWD systems.

4wd BLD is far from being a superior system.

Dont mistake your ground clearance with traction

Last edited:
tire selection and the guy driving has an awful lot to do with how a vehicle moves in snow/mud/pavement. Modern electronic controlled AWD is a marvel to drive and pretty low maintenence. A fully lockered jeep will climb 8ft verticle rock walls, but really how often do we do that?

Jeeps wave at each other, have enormous clubs, rallies and trail rides, BBQs and have inspired thousands of adventures. And chicks dig 'em. Or you could drive a Subaru.....

Jeeps wave at each other, have enormous clubs, rallies and trail rides, BBQs and have inspired thousands of adventures. And chicks dig 'em. Or you could drive a Subaru.....

^Agreed 100%. Jeeps are cool/sexy like an adventure bike. Most Subarus are all practical, like a Burgman.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

^Agreed 100%. Jeeps are cool/sexy like an adventure bike. Most Subarus are all practical, like a Burgman.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

If you take WRC into consideration, then Subaru is more like a dual sport bike.

tire selection and the guy driving has an awful lot to do with how a vehicle moves in snow/mud/pavement. Modern electronic controlled AWD is a marvel to drive and pretty low maintenence. A fully lockered jeep will climb 8ft verticle rock walls, but really how often do we do that?

So do Harley Davidsons ...:lmao:

Their riders also think chicks dig them too :lmao:

Until an European Luxury car pull next to your Jeep. Quality > quantity. Just like how i always see a chick on a HD .... no thanks.

Back
Top Bottom