What's a fair asking price for my bike ? | GTAMotorcycle.com

What's a fair asking price for my bike ?

IMHO, if you can put the bike back to stock and sell aftermarket parts on there own. As for the financing I would pay the bike off in full then see what you can get back from the sale. Owing money on it could hurt the sale...
Not sure what you should ask, best to source out Kijiji and auto trader and see what other are selling similar bikes for. At the end of the day it is not what it is worth that matters it is what someone is willing to pay.

Good luck with your sale.

I'd say you're looking at $4300- $4600.
You don't really get any resale value on mods so your choice on putting back to stock or not before selling.

@toyopl if you are thinking of taking off the xgrip and ram mount, I know a guy that may want it for his R6

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

I'd say you're looking at $4300- $4600.

If I was looking for one why would I pay that sort of money if brand new is 5k msrp? In my view there must be either a good incentive in the deal for me or Yamaha is out if stock on new ones.

$5k, plus tax, license, freight, pdi, blah, blah, blah.
It's low on km and has some upgrades.
He asks $4300 and hope to get $4000. If mods are stripped off then figure a few hundred less.
Not sure on how rare R3's are but I've only seen 2 around in my area.
Everyone seems to ride a ninja 250/300 in the gta

He asks $4300 and hope to get $4000. If mods are stripped off then figure a few hundred less.

Have seen 1 R3 in blue in the GTA

Mind you 4.3-4.5k is fair anything more might as well take the hit for 1k and buy it new. Anything less is just low balling and trolling. Before September you have a good chance of getting rid of it as the M2 ppl are starting to ride/get licensed. Make sure it is washed and if anyone asks include the cert in the pricing.

If I was looking for one why would I pay that sort of money if brand new is 5k msrp? In my view there must be either a good incentive in the deal for me or Yamaha is out if stock on new ones.

I'm in this camp as well. I know used bikes do sell for asking prices a lot of the time but I still don't get it. Unless I am saving a minimum of $1000 plus getting a lot of extras, why would I want a used bike over something brand new? It's not exactly like a car, where you might save $10,000 for buying it lightly used.

What is your bike worth? The short answer is, what you can get for it.
I agree with the aftermarket parts, return the bike to as close to stock as you can.
I was watching an episode of Pawn Stars one night. A fellow pawned his Harley.
This bike had every after market bell and whistle you could think of.
Corey explained that they actually detracted from the value of the bike, unless you could find a buyer who had the exact same taste in parts as the owner.

I'm in this camp as well. I know used bikes do sell for asking prices a lot of the time but I still don't get it. Unless I am saving a minimum of $1000 plus getting a lot of extras, why would I want a used bike over something brand new? It's not exactly like a car, where you might save $10,000 for buying it lightly used.

Not a lot of wiggle room on a basically new bike that retails for around $5k.

I wouldn't expect to get one for like 3 grand unless it has some serious problems.

I still shake my head when i go on kijiji and see people trying to sell 12-13 year old supersports for like $7k

I paid $3300 for a brand new cbr300r from the dealer 3 months ago when they were clearing out the 2015's. Sure I paid tax on top of that but you also pay the tax when you transfer a used bike into your name and register it. I was still under $4000 out the door after everything was said and done.

I wouldn't obviously pay MSRP, would you?

Never
...but some people don't haggle and do pay msrp

OP - as others have said - your mods add nothing to the value. Aside from the exhaust maybe if someone's looking for it.

Go on kijiji and see what people are posting for, post yours in the middle-of-the-pack price range and see what happens. Make sure you have some nice pics and a brief, to the point, description.

... and did someone mention R3 and "rare" in the same paragraph??? hahahahhahaha!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom