Armoured vest | GTAMotorcycle.com

Armoured vest

wantsabike

So I've been thinking of looking into a armoured vest for myself as Somedays it just to hot to have my jacket on does anyone have one and where did you get it and how do you like it ? Ideally I want something all black or close to being all black as my bike and helmet are totally black

any help or Insight would be greatly appreciated :)

Check out www.dooshvest.com

Seriously though, how about a mesh jacket that has some protection at the elbows?
I'm not ATGATT, as I sometimes will ride in a Tshirt. But imo the vest is useless.
That being said, I know some people that love them.
I'm pretty sure that I saw one or a few recently on the classifieds here.
@MacDoc likes the MX armored shirt type. Look into that as well

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

Just been thinking and tossing the idea around as few days I've died with my jacket on and it is a mesh jacket as well lol

just st thought maybe a vest be better then just a t shirt something better then nothing imo

Make sure you get an icon & it says Millspec

...as few days I've died with my jacket on and it is a mesh jacket as well lol

Black jacket? I have a Joe Rocket Phoenix 11.0 mesh jacket in white... Yes, hotter than a t-shirt, but provides some sun protection also. As I was riding through rush hour yesterday, I was just thinking that the black version would probably be much hotter at slow speeds.

I dare you to get this one, mil-spec and high vis.

124-077_A.jpg

Check out www.dooshvest.com

Seriously though, how about a mesh jacket that has some protection at the elbows?
I'm not ATGATT, as I sometimes will ride in a Tshirt. But imo the vest is useless.
That being said, I know some people that love them.
I'm pretty sure that I saw one or a few recently on the classifieds here.
@MacDoc likes the MX armored shirt type. Look into that as well

How is a vest useless?
They at least have some back protection, whereas a plain jacket doesn't. Back protection is worth more than road rash protection.

I think they're stupid.

Shows your experience eh? :rolleyes:

We wear armored shirts when it's hot ...Thor makes a reasonable one...good armor.

Can be worn under a mesh jacket for better armor.

Impact_Rig_SE_Black_detail.jpg

There are many others various prices. Cool too. In Aus I just put an oversized shirt over it for off pavement.

Vest is mostly useless...shirt has armour better than many jackets - especially back armor.

thor_impact_rig_armored_shirt_black_zoom.jpg

How is a vest useless?
They at least have some back protection, whereas a plain jacket doesn't. Back protection is worth more than road rash protection.
Useless is my $0.02.
Yes back protection, but that's why I said armored shirt or mesh jacket. I thought armored was implied. I didn't say plain.
But again, I really don't know much 'cause today I rode to work in Tshirt and sneakers.

Icon Stryker is pretty cool. Heard nothing but good things from people that own them. I'm looking to pick one up here shortly before it starts getting really hot here everyday.

Some of those armored shirts looks to offer a little more protection though.

I'd be curious to learn more about the medical facts behind most motorcycle accidents. Elbow and shoulder armour would (in my mind) seem more useful than back or chest armor given how I'm thinking most people crash. Abrasion resistant materials are just as important (if not the most important) - again - given the nature of what I'm thinking to be a typical crash.

An Icon Stryker Vest covering the chest and back seem (to me) to be pointless.

Useless is my $0.02.
Yes back protection, but that's why I said armored shirt or mesh jacket. I thought armored was implied. I didn't say plain.
But again, I really don't know much 'cause today I rode to work in Tshirt and sneakers.

I see. I just couldn't understand how you would think it's useless when you admit to riding in just a T-shirt. :dontknow:
A back protector covering your T-shirt is obviously not useless if your back were to hit a curb after you were knocked off of your bike.

Yes jacket is completely black and is a scorpion if I member right remove able liner and etc ..... But ya have seen the stryker styled ones and thought they were nice too if ya get one let me know I'd prolly want one that's all black to match the bike or one that's mostly black

I recently bought the Alpinestars Track Vest but I'm only using it under leathers or a jacket. I wouldn't wear it alone.

2guw2ur.jpg

359es5x.jpg

How is a vest useless?

Well good luck landing on your back. If you do without touching down on your hands, forearms or elbows first you'll likely be flying in the air and landing so hard its not gonna do jack ****. Anyone that thinks it looks cool is a clown who probably thinks dressing like a rap artist as a grown man is cool too...

Look I asked for thoughts and input on the vest don't wanna see listen to people argue over dumb stuff that isnt needed so please save it for pm and not clutter the thread thanks

Back
Top Bottom