Attention Church and Bloor riders | GTAMotorcycle.com

Attention Church and Bloor riders

kc02

New signs restricting that people can only park until 3:30 a couple days ago instead of all day. Bikes are being towed away, a blue R3 got towed away as I was leaving. Tickets are on all bikes set at $150. Hurry up if you're parked here!

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Is this on Church St?
You were never allowed to park on Bloor after 3:30 as I recall.

Yeah, on Church St just south of Bloor St. The signs use to state 8:00 AM - 9 PM but they changed it a couple days according to the ticketing officer.

Last edited:
Yeah, on Church St just south of Bloor St. The signs use to state 8:30 AM - 9 PM but they changed it a couple days according to the ticketing officer.

YaY! cash grab, I mean clearing the roads for more cyclists and plants.

Actually, no stopping 3:30 to 6:30 is to clear the roads for Rush Hour.
I'm surprised its taken this long as you can no longer make even right turns onto Bloor from Yonge or Bay.

I think there should be a heads up sign saying "we randomly changed the parking times"
I play ball over at trinity (for 7 years now) I parked my bike in the same area as all the years before". Well, they randomly changed the parking there! Got a ticket - only 30 bucks but if the rules change I think it would just be cool to say hay, look at the sign today as it changed from yesterday!

I'm the owner of the blue R3 and I spent $175 to get my bike back :( ....I'm going to fight the ticket

I don't know the laws, maybe someone can chime in here, but iirc when they put up new street signs, they are supposed to put up the "new" sign as well. Many years ago I successfully fought a no left turn sign ticket (I turned when the sign said no). I had made that same turn thousands of times in the decade prior. That day they put up a sign and a cop was waiting there.
I would definitely fight it.

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

I think there should be a heads up sign saying "we randomly changed the parking times"
I play ball over at trinity (for 7 years now) I parked my bike in the same area as all the years before". Well, they randomly changed the parking there! Got a ticket - only 30 bucks but if the rules change I think it would just be cool to say hay, look at the sign today as it changed from yesterday!

They will simply say ignorance is no excuse. It's your job to obey all posted signage. They will say, there was a sing posted so they met their requirement.

They will simply say ignorance is no excuse. It's your job to obey all posted signage. They will say, there was a sing posted so they met their requirement.

Well, I fought the ticket, and it was all dealt with very quickly.

The officer who ticketed us all resigned and left, so the prosecutor had to drop the case. Anyone who contested saved $150...

Be advised. According to another post on GTA motorcycles there is no longer parking tag court as such in Toronto.
You take it in and there is a dispute resolution process.

Or at the very least, a warning ticket left as an indicator if you do it again, you would be charged.

I remember the old days when you could drive down and park right on Bay Street.

Back
Top Bottom