Sup? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Sup?

meme

Site Supporter
Stand Up Paddleboarding!

Where? Next week, need lessons and rentals.

Not scugog.

Hawaii. Seems popular there.

the Beach? Lake Ontario?

i googled stand up paddleboarding woodbine beach and got 3 hits.

Last edited:
I vistited toronto center island a few days ago (when the weather was HOT last Saturday), and I feel like the rivers through the island would be great for this...

SUP on sale at home depot for $399. Its a really cheap board but a good introduction for less than a couple rentals. Wide and stable. You dont need lessons, you stand up and paddle, great core workout. Its the same as a canoe but easier.

Is that a new hipster trend?

Not new , been trending for a while. Its around long enough that Home depot is carrying SUP's .

They do lessons/rental in Peterborough. Not sure the company name but they leave from the Silver Bean lower level.

I'll have a 12 year old with me and a lot of rentals will come with a short lesson/tips. You obviously don't know how damned clumsy I am. Nothing is naturally graceful in my world.

I was trying to stay off Lake Ontario, brrr. Thanks for the Peterborough idea. Mmm. Hot belly Mama's for dinner sounds great too

Last edited:
I'll have a 12 year old with me and a lot of rentals will come with a short lesson/tips. You obviously don't know how damned clumsy I am. Nothing is naturally graceful in my world.

I was trying to stay off Lake Ontario, brrr. Thanks for the Peterborough idea. Mmm. Hot belly Mama's for dinner sounds great too

picky picky picky

Lake Huron/Georgian Bay? http://www.fathompaddleguiding.ca/

Lol thanks. Great Lakes are just too darn cold.

Have a cottage up by Tobermory on an inland Lake. Thankfully! Been up there since 1999 and can count on one hand the number of times I've been in GB/lH!

Sister in law is going to leave her paddleboards there next week for us, but this week I thought of going and hanging with niece for a day and this sounded fun

Plus then I'll be the expert over hubster.

Lake Scugog stinks. Simple explanation on why not there.

Saw an advertisement yesterday for $20 "learn to SUP" at Peterborough SUP.

Also, Sunday is the start of Shark Week on Discovery Channel. Make it interesting and watch that before going out on the board. Sharks have been found in fresh water before ;)

We had a riot today. Found a new activity thanks for recommending Peterborough. Great water day.

PS. Otanabee is shark free, and gator also. Prehistoric looking heron nesting on banks of cookie factory. Yes cookies. Good thing I hadn't learned how to get off board at that point.

Lake Scugog stinks. Simple explanation on why not there.

Lake Scugog is safe because if you fall out of a boat it's so shallow that you can wade ashore through the weeds and bovine fecal runoff from the surrounding farms. Then go home and shower in bleach.

Back
Top Bottom