Motorcycle Security | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle Security

Thanks for the responses biker brothers!

Basically, a silver minivan followed others to the second level of my underground..they actually followed another bike but mine was wide open on the second level with no cars around (2:30 - everyone at work). They loaded it and it was gone. No front plate. The back plate is not visible on the security camera. It's gone.

My underground has no tiny spots, no anchors in the ground, they wont allow it, no cages...nada.

I'm trying to get permission to chain it to the pillar...I think that alone with prevent another bike from being stolen. I doubt someone will spend hours there with an axe saw. This is my only hope of getting another bike, an ss. I know some chinese factories and I'm currently sourcing perimeter alarms. If I can find something of good quality, where I can adjust the sensitivity to a level where it goes screeching loud the second someone lays a finger on it, something reliable with remote, etc...I'm good to go. I know many people thing it wont do much, but in an underground parking where it echos, they'll split fast (I think). These two measures alone should be enough, plus I'll cover it. I wouldn't mind putting a camera on the pillar too...doubt that will fly.

Unfortunately it's not easy to just move, I can't do that. I also refuse to allow these low life piece of ***** to ruin my summer, I need a bike and I'm buying one in the next week, fuk that...agree with xfactor, just live life.

I've wanted a bike for 12 years, yes 12. I just bought this, my first bike, not even 2 mths and it's gone. This wont stop me from riding, not happening, I love this way too much. BUT, I'm not buying something until I have all of my security measures in place.

As for my next bike, I don't know what I want. Should I buy an old bike in hopes that it wont get stolen, that crossed my mind. A Harley crossed my mind because these fags wont be able to lift it. I don't know...I'll be contemplating all week. I really loved the CBR600RR but I can't compare it to anything because it's the only bike I've ridden.

Be safe everyone. If I find a good security system, I'll post it up with my feedback, maybe save some other bikes from going in the hands of these piece of *****. Who ever has my bike right now, karma will get them, karma will strike a tree and the trunk will smash the guys head in while he drives by. Enjoy.

Last edited:
Which alarm systems and trackers are most recommended in your opinion?

Ride Scorpio w/ Ride service plan. I used the spot gps tracker but couldn't get a signal 2floors down in my underground, plus it would barely get a signal normally unless the unit had an unobstructed view of the sky (once thrown in a truck it's just a useless piece of plastic sans gps blocker).

One last thing ask your condo board to build a motorcycle/ e bike storage fenced in area, which requires a FOB for entry. I approached my Board and they are building one and renting out spots for $15 a month.

I have to agree. Also you best check with the condo before putting a chain near or on any condo property. From what I have read on GTAM most condo's are anything but "bike friendly" and the camera's and security does little to help. Sorry to hear about your loss :(

Never ask your condo board for permission, just do it and hope to get away with it as long as possible.

Get a cheaper bike that isn't as popular. They will most likely be back to have a look at the replacement.

Get a cheaper bike that isn't as popular. They will most likely be back to have a look at the replacement.

I Wonder if japanese cruisers are the least desirable bikes for theft?

As for my next bike, I don't know what I want. Should I buy an old bike in hopes that it wont get stolen, that crossed my mind.

You can have my 1984 VT500C for $1000. Totally serious. It does go down the road, but just know that if you plan to do any highway riding to pray to the motorcycle gods before leaving. One piston knocks, it burns oil and one of the turn signals is duct taped on. It weighs 450lbs and may be the least desirable operational bike around. Seriously you'd have to be destitute to steal this thing.

Last edited:
Ride Scorpio w/ Ride service plan. I used the spot gps tracker but couldn't get a signal 2floors down in my underground, plus it would barely get a signal normally unless the unit had an unobstructed view of the sky (once thrown in a truck it's just a useless piece of plastic sans gps blocker).

Thanks man, will look in to this!

Good idea about the bike storage fenced up, I'll inquire about it tomorrow.

This crossed my mind...I might look at a ZX6R though this weekend...I don't want to ride a shitbox. But before I buy it, I'll ensure I have 2-3 layers of security ready before bringing it home!

You can have my 1984 VT500C for $1000. Totally serious. It does go down the road, but just know that if you plan to do any highway riding to pray to the motorcycle gods before leaving. One piston knocks, it burns oil and one of the turn signals is duct taped on. It weighs 450lbs and may be the least desirable operational bike around. Seriously you'd have to be destitute to steal this thing.

I'm good man :) Thanks for the offer though ;)

Last edited:
Have you thought about a local storage unit? Walking distance. Or cycle and leave it in the unit. If you have to travel a distance, ask first if you can leave the car there. Not all units will allow cars to remain on their property. During the day or overnight.
Sorry about your loss. :-(

Have you thought about a local storage unit? Walking distance. Or cycle and leave it in the unit. If you have to travel a distance, ask first if you can leave the car there. Not all units will allow cars to remain on their property. During the day or overnight.
Sorry about your loss. :-(

Unfortunately, there are no storage facilities near my area :( I also live a bit of a distance from family, so that also is not an option.

Unfortunately, there are no storage facilities near my area :( I also live a bit of a distance from family, so that also is not an option.

Can you speak to neighbours in your area? You are looking to rent a garage space. Local newspapers, etc.
Ask your Superintendent if he can do anything to help you. He/She may have a few contacts.
It is a case of not what you know but who you know.

Thanks everyone!

The crazy part about this is the fact that with was on my mind for weeks, almost like I saw it coming. I took a measurement 2 days ago to chain the bike to the concrete poll...now I'm kicking myself for not acting fast enough. I was going to buy the chain this weekend!

I saw the camera footage last night. The low life scum piece of ***** waited for me. I left with my car at 2:38 PM and they came immediately 5 mins later and drove off with the bike at 2:47. They tossed it in a beat up old white caravan with no plate in the front. The cameras in the building are so trash (brand new condo too), it couldn't even get the back plate, all blurry.

The van was probably stolen or had stolen plates. There's no point going down that road.
What it really comes down to is lax security from people paid the minimal amount to just sit around and "supposedly" monitor video cameras (which they can't do around the clock non-stop anyways).

A chain is a deterrent at best. Don't kid yourself. Even with a premium chain, a battery powered angle grinder will cut through it in a few minutes (but it will make a hell of a lot of noise and a shower of sparks). Cheap chains, in seconds.

Check out Almax chains website.

Last edited:
The van was probably stolen or had stolen plates. There's not point going down that road.
What it really comes down to is lax security from people paid the minimal amount to just sit around and "supposedly" monitory video cameras (which they can't do around the clock non-stop).

A chain is a deterrent at best. Don't kid yourself. Even with a premium chain, a battery powered angle grinder will cut through it in a few minutes (but it will make a hell of a lot of noise and a shower of sparks).

Check out Almax chains website.

Very true, about everything you just said. I checked the site, quite pricey and they don't have the length I need which is around 4.1M. Do you recommend any good heavy duty chains in the city? I was going to head over to home depot and get the thickest chain in stock...I highly doubt someone would go through the efforts with an angle grinder. I'll be adding other layers of security on top of that.

To enjoy something you need the whole package and in the case of a bike that includes storage and a place to ride. Unless you do tracks, HTA 172 knocks a lot of the smile off the fun part of a SS.

Secure storage is subjective. Some people accept the nuisance of multiple chains and alarms to disconnect and emotionally crumple when things go wrong. Others are more resilient. Some don't like the padlock madness. You have to know and accept your tolerance level.

If money is no object how about having two bikes?

Keep a heavy undesirable ratter at the condo under minimal security. Ride it to a safe storage spot where you keep your prime ride and just change bikes.

If you use google search you will see that this topic comes up very often. Not much has changed.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Sadly, i think a cover would do more than most....something grey and concrete looking. Aircraft cable the bottom with grommets and loop through wheels, then padlock. You could chain the whole thing to a post or something, which stops the quick snatch and grab too. The alarm they can't get to, will simply make their ears bleed if they manage to get it into the truck.

Good luck.

Was working on my street bike and noticed the cover on the track bike was moved. Didn't think anything of it at the time. Finished what I was doing and I repositioned the bikes. Removed the covers from both and then I saw it. Ignition wires are cut and the ignition looks like it was jammed with a screw driver. Morons, they screw with the little CBR track bike but don't touch the gixxer. Going to get a storage unit today and get both of them out of there.

I feel violated and more so annoyed ;). If you're going to go to the trouble of cutting my harness and messing with the ignition at least take the damn bike. I think the only thing that saved it is that it's chained to the other bike.

Back
Top Bottom