Speedworx Markham - tires | GTAMotorcycle.com

Speedworx Markham - tires

canuckerjay

Site Supporter
Needed tires. As usual, cheapest option is to order the PR4s from Pete's, take off the wheels and take them somewhere.

But I'm occupied with other things so we shop around for someone to just do it.

Like others I run into an incredibly diverse range of pricing on tires and install. I mean some places are like, 250-300$ more than others.

Speedworx was only a few bucks more per tire than ordering from Pete's online. Installation prices were very competitive.
As far as pricing for the PR4s, after calling a lot of places across the GTA, the others who were close (40-50$ more) were ACE in Milton and FLYING SQUIRREL; and both seemed just as professional and courteous on the phone.

Sorry that's a thing with me. . . a couple were just 'too relaxed' over the phone. . . unless I know the merchant, my critical eyebrow twitches when I just met them or called them and the person drops F-bombs. . . .if you're that relaxed with someone you aim to make an impression with, how relaxed will you be with my ride once I leave?

So anyway if you haven't seen it, Speedworx is in one of those industrial units, and from the outside it looks like it could be a rub n tug. a sticker on a window with horizontal blinds, and a solid door. Made me reminisce about some shady mechanics I've seen over the years that have places like that. . . But hey don't judge, space is expensive in the GTA.

This has no bearing on their performance as a shop at all. . . just an observation. . .Open the door and well it's dark with slick decor and a big lit up sign and all I could think was A) inside doesn't match outside and B) there's got to be a stripper pole or some 'back rooms' in here. Again, just an observation that made me grin for a second.

Ok so get this:

Lady working the front greeted me, was polite, nice, respectful, courteous.
The pricing was spot on what was quoted to me a month ago.
Asked how long. They told me.
She showed me the work order printout, noting they'll look for things that may need doing but won't do anything without a 'sayso'.
I left and went to the mall to kill time.
I got back at the time they said it would be done, and it was done on time.
It was waiting in the parking lot - clean rims not a scratch on them, no new dirt or fingerprints or anything anywhere.
I went in, paperwork's ready, she explained what may be needed in the near future.
The price was exactly what it was supposed to be when I paid.

I can't ask for more. Great place. I do most of my wrenching myself because it sounds like simple business practice but I'm amazed how many places drop the ball on all those things highlighted above. To avoid more frustration in a national marketplace that has become dominated by the values of cheap traders with no scruples or sense of customer service/courtesy, I simply avoid the industry.

But if/when I don't have time/patience to do a repair myself, I think that I will take my bikes to this place.
As a person who it seems, has expectations of businesses more consistent with the 70s & 80s, I think that's the highest compliment I can make.

Thanks for the review. Did a bit of research & their prices are on par with Pete's. You still have to pay shipping with Pete. Plus it is only 5 mins from me.

Reviews on google are good

Yup, i went with Ace for my tires, but might've gone with Speedworx if i was looking at the brands that they mainly deal with... although Ace is also closer to me being in the west end.

But the owner at speedworx seems like a decent guy; dropped in during dead season and we chatted a bit (my auto mechanic is in the area too). He seems to really care about this venture :)

Everytime i go to speedworx im just impressed by the level of custoner service...and its consistent

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom