Safety certificate test checklist | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Safety certificate test checklist

Looks like the guy your getting the safety done by is actually following the guidelines......yes there is a minimum distance that the blinkers need to be......

There actually isn't in regards to safety. This has been discussed greatly in the Laws/HTA section (I'll go looking for the link when I get a chance) The mandate for distance between signals is set out in CMVSS for new vehicles and manufacturer's must follow this, but it doesn't actually apply to safeties. The issue will be trying to convince a technician who firmly believes it does to write the safety. maybe suggest he call the ministry for clarification.

There actually isn't in regards to safety. This has been discussed greatly in the Laws/HTA section (I'll go looking for the link when I get a chance) The mandate for distance between signals is set out in CMVSS for new vehicles and manufacturer's must follow this, but it doesn't actually apply to safeties. The issue will be trying to convince a technician who firmly believes it does to write the safety. maybe suggest he call the ministry for clarification.

And you are correct, my bad, I just remember my bike was not allowed to pass with the flush mounts, so I put the stock ones on, it passed, and then I put the flush mounts back on, I had no desire to fight the mechanic, it was easier to just put the stock ones on

and reading the regs it makes no mention of distance....

thanks for the clarification

as for cost, yup, it varies, Canadian Tire about 70 bucks, BMW is 130 bucks.....same certificate is given, just one costs more...LOL

Back
Top Bottom