Motorbike and M2 Exit Course | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorbike and M2 Exit Course

...and to the OP...no offense, but I highly doubt anyone is going to lend you a bike. Sure, you might have owned a R6 and a Ducati, but that alone doesn't make you a good rider (eg. could have put 100km on each riding only to Tim Hortons and L&L), plus if you ever did get in an accident, it goes on the bike's owner's record, which could completely screw them on insurance in future.

Again just being honest here. Even if it were a close friend of mine, who I had rode with for years...I couldn't say I'd be fully comfortable handing them the keys, unless they were just going up and down the street to check something for me.

Best option unless you can find a place that actually rents a bike, is to buy a cheap but running/safetied 250, pass the course, then contemplate selling the bike afterwards if you don't want it. Also let this be a lesson to others...be careful putting things off too long. I know many people who are near expiry on their M2...most still have bikes, but they could have easily been in a situation like this. Also one of the reasons I did my full M as soon as I could...I knew I had a bike, had insurance, etc, and it is the last hoop of fire the MTO makes you jump through to have a motorcycle license for life.

Last edited:
Bike is only provided for the M1 -> M2 course. For M2 -> M you need your own motorcycle.

Is this bit new? I actually did my full M with RTI a few years ago (was end of season and I didn't want to deal with the MTO so I took the course). They did take us to a quiet section of road to have us practice starting, stopping, turning, etc but we didn't revisit the M2 test (eg. timed sections, stopping in a box, emergency stop, etc).

Yea this part is new this year. It is to make sure people can actually ride and not just borrowing a bike and showing up. Takes some liability off the program when they are dragging around an M2 license "new" rider.

Yea this part is new this year. It is to make sure people can actually ride and not just borrowing a bike and showing up. Takes some liability off the program when they are dragging around an M2 license "new" rider.

Ah ic...and yeah I can see that. In the group I rode with, most were nearing the 5 year mark and either hadn't rode and JUST picked up a bike, or never rode further than 50km or outside the city limits. Most were baffled that I was at 18 months and gave up a group ride to Gravenhurst to take the course that day. lol

Actually thinking back, there was one guy...must have been early 20s that had written his M1, did the M2 via a course, and never touched/rode a bike again, until 1 week before when he bought a CBR125 off Kijiji (his M2 was expiring about 2 days after the course). Instructor actually yelled at him and threatened to kick him out at one point as he was becoming a danger to everyone else in the course -- kept stalling at intersections, almost running off the road in corners, and attempted to merge onto the highway at 20-30km/h. Still don't know if he somehow managed to pass or not, as he was testing after me.

Honestly, just wanted to see if there was an option to borrow via the forums before reaching out to companies like GTA Exotics. I have about 2 months, so it's not a last minute thing.

The reason I dont want to buy, is it is just a pain in the *** dealing with people from kiji, getting it plated, transported etc. I dont plan to ride for a few years as I just did not think the risk was worth it for such a small reason and horrible roads. I will stick to cars until I move out of the city.

Honestly, just wanted to see if there was an option to borrow via the forums before reaching out to companies like GTA Exotics. I have about 2 months, so it's not a last minute thing.

The reason I dont want to buy, is it is just a pain in the *** dealing with people from kiji, getting it plated, transported etc. I dont plan to ride for a few years as I just did not think the risk was worth it for such a small reason and horrible roads. I will stick to cars until I move out of the city.

WTH? You don't think the risk of what was worth it? You are willing to risk some random forum members bike? What would you do if you were to have an issue due to the "horrible roads"? Wow, talk about entitlement.

there's a guy on kijiji who rents out bikes. He trailers it to the course. I think it $250 for the rental -not sure. Good luck though

How booked are these M2 courses? Because at 2mos left he's probably boned now at the MTO if he hasn't already booked a date.

How booked are these M2 courses? Because at 2mos left he's probably boned now at the MTO if he hasn't already booked a date.

Pretty sure the MTO does road tests into late october.

Due to insurance liability, no one willl lend you their bike.... even if its a piece of ****

Last edited:
Pretty sure the MTO does road tests into late october.

You misunderstood my question. The drivetest centers (privately operated and only franchised from the MTO, not operated by the MTO) can be booked 6mos or more in advance.
I doubt you could find a testing date within the next two months if you only booked a date now.

And the OP has his M2 expire in two mos.

I would expect the M2 Exit courses be pretty full as well.

FYI to OP, someone posted a thing about instruction/help passing the full M, and that they had 2 bikes that could be 'rented' for their course. Not sure if that means they'd also let someone borrow it for the actual test, but it might be something the OP wants to look into.

You misunderstood my question. The drivetest centers (privately operated and only franchised from the MTO, not operated by the MTO) can be booked 6mos or more in advance.
I doubt you could find a testing date within the next two months if you only booked a date now.

And the OP has his M2 expire in two mos.

I would expect the M2 Exit courses be pretty full as well.
I booked my M2 exit 10 days before the course date. Got in no problem. RTI course. The course was worth it imo as I know I could have easily passed the MTO test, but the course instructor definitely showed me my bad habits I developed over the years and helped me correct them. Also he showed me things about riding and road safety that I didn't know. I got my money's worth.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Good reply Peck, but without a bike (or rental) the M2 exit course can't be taken.

theres some guy on kijiji that rents out his bike..
im not going to even touch on legality of that but whatever....it exists and on paper for your test you would be ok.

Just an FYI I ended up renting through GTA Exotics, not the easiest experience as I had to call multiple times during the week just to confirm. But thankfully everything worked out in the end (they even met me at 7am) and i PASSED

Congrats!

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom