New 407 / 412 HWYs Open | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

New 407 / 412 HWYs Open

Going west there is a set of cameras just before Brook rd but also the old set of cameras to get onto the old 407 are also working /QUOTE]

The "old" 407 has off shore owners, while the new part is owned by Ontario Government, which is why the two sets of cameras.

The news mentioned that the construction company will be paying heavy fines for being late (as per the contract) not sure if that will offset the lost revenue from not charging for full 6 1/2 months

They are now not being charged for being late .. suprise surprise.

Orginally was set to open in Jan and kept being pushed back. The rest of the 407 is set to open by 2020, which more than likely will be in 2021. And they are adding another north/south highway to connect to the 401 apparently.

Going west there is a set of cameras just before Brook rd but also the old set of cameras to get onto the old 407 are also working /QUOTE]

The "old" 407 has off shore owners, while the new part is owned by Ontario Government, which is why the two sets of cameras.

prediction- govt will sell off their new portion in 2 years

They are now not being charged for being late .. suprise surprise.

Orginally was set to open in Jan and kept being pushed back. The rest of the 407 is set to open by 2020, which more than likely will be in 2021. And they are adding another north/south highway to connect to the 401 apparently.

prediction - 2025-2031

Ah good point

From my understanding on what I've read though, all billing will flow through the "407 ETR" like always, but it will be itemized between the old 407 and the new 407 extension + 412 + 418. Surprised they need two sets of cameras, although I guess it allows them to more easily identify who is on the privately owned section vs the locally owned one (in case a camera misses you getting on or getting off).

From my understanding on what I've read though, all billing will flow through the "407 ETR" like always, but it will be itemized between the old 407 and the new 407 extension + 412 + 418. Surprised they need two sets of cameras, although I guess it allows them to more easily identify who is on the privately owned section vs the locally owned one (in case a camera misses you getting on or getting off).

and there you go, the integration already implemented:D

Back
Top Bottom