Gardiner re-opened? Yes please, and thank you! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Gardiner re-opened? Yes please, and thank you!

LePhillou

Site Supporter
So for those of you who commute from the west, Gardiner EB is back to 3 lanes all the way to downtown core.

I made a double take when i saw the estimated time to get to yonge down to 16 minutes.

Was supposed to finish in 4 months... and then... at the end of the week but seems like they reopened it yesterday!

Enjoy (while it lasts...)

407 opened in Durham yesterday. Made my east drive to work a breeze. Open highway - yeehaw!

It was awesome going in today and not expecting the lanes to be open. Leaving the city in the afternoon there was zero traffic as well. So nice!

It was awesome going in today and not expecting the lanes to be open. Leaving the city in the afternoon there was zero traffic as well. So nice!

Spadina getting on the Gardiner still looks like a **** show for me. lol...

they'll find a way to fill the space quickly

That's what studies show. Doesn't matter if you increase capacity, it'll just fill up and become slow again.

Yeah, the city paid 3 million more to get it done quicker

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Spadina getting on the Gardiner still looks like a **** show for me. lol...
Yeah there is no solution for that - Spadina south of Front is always super slow. I worked down there the past few years and I would skip it and just run Lakeshore/Queensway out to Windermere.

add smart lights and control the on/off of ramps at certain time of day

I think Australia has moving barricades that allows them to +/- lanes as they need them to accommodate traffic depending on time of day with the large flow.

They want you to take the TTC.

Enjoy it while it lasts, it won't be long until the city decides to take a lane and turn it into a HOV lane.

Enjoy it while it lasts, it won't be long until the city decides to take a lane and turn it into a HOV lane.
More likely an HOT lane

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

add smart lights and control the on/off of ramps at certain time of day

I think Australia has moving barricades that allows them to +/- lanes as they need them to accommodate traffic depending on time of day with the large flow.

They want you to take the TTC.
TTC is not better. There's always some sort of delay on a regular basis. Weekends, maintenances cause delay. Got to wonder why we are paying for this system. Don't really see where the money goes for increased service fee.

"They want you to take the TTC" ... I'm hearing that often; I say don't listen to "They" cause "Their" service (most of the time) sucks!!

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

TTC is not better. There's always some sort of delay on a regular basis. Weekends, maintenances cause delay. Got to wonder why we are paying for this system. Don't really see where the money goes for increased service fee.

"They want you to take the TTC" ... I'm hearing that often; I say don't listen to "They" cause "Their" service (most of the time) sucks!!

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

80% goes to salaries iirc.

It is a Toronto mindset from the 70's. I believe Rob Ford referenced it exactly the policy.
They want to force people onto the TTC, more riders = more TTC jobs.

With the low amount of traffic this afternoon im wondering if its maybe because school's over... it was abnormally moving well for a hwy that hasnt had any changes (WB that is)

With the low amount of traffic this afternoon im wondering if its maybe because school's over... it was abnormally moving well for a hwy that hasnt had any changes (WB that is)

Part of it is that school is over. Same effect last year as well. There will be a bit more traffic when the Summer semesters start, but still significantly less than Sept - June.

ugh... this morning was great until jameson. should've exited right then and there. for some reason it was slow until i exited at my accidented exit (york, bay, yonge) but even that didnt really impede the flow, as it's a 2-lane exit.

oh well... maybe ill try lakeshore again tomorrow

ugh... this morning was great until jameson. should've exited right then and there. for some reason it was slow until i exited at my accidented exit (york, bay, yonge) but even that didnt really impede the flow, as it's a 2-lane exit.

oh well... maybe ill try lakeshore again tomorrow

Yup, went down that route today.

1 reason for the backup was the fact that it was relatively backed up to begin with and a cop with it's cherries on came by (no shoulder) causing the 3 lanes to merge to 2. Took time for flow to catch back up. Possibly an accident somewhere farther down?

Something I don't understand is how the Spadina exit gets backed up onto the live straight lanes now that the third lane is open. Prior to the lanes opening (2 lanes), you would be able to pretty much pull up to the light with maybe 5-10 cars at most.

Nice that the constructions seems to be completed, but I am baffled by why they couldn't smooth off the spanning joints (?). On the bike, and in the car, a couple are quite 'uplifting'. lol.

Back
Top Bottom