Need a lift?? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Need a lift??

hmmm gortex socks might be the ticket for boots without waterproofing

rocky-gore-tex-sock-spotlite-review-2.jpg

https://backpackinglight.com/rocky_gore-tex_sock_spotlite_review/

Okay - toe has settled enough to try the lift.

Walking is fine...boots feel a little heavier but not much. Easier on and off the bike of course with the added lift....that's the big plus....now same as the Milwaukee Trooper.....yay.

Looks like I will need to lift the shifter tip a 1/2" to accommodate but it's easy on the wee. I can still shift but it hits the side of the boot instead being on the toe

AN best of all I don't have to look up at my kid .... snicker.

Got the shifter adjusted and works the charm. WIth the Beadrider on still enough height I think I'll take the preload up a bit more. Damn side cases are wide....forgotten... - felt ready to go today. Gorgeous weather.

...apparently the soles are pretty expensive on their own.

Those are Vibram Sierra Unit Soles, Style 1276 for fire, police, and military, available in 3 colours (brown, green, black), ~$25US. Most of the cost was for the cobbler to grind down your original soles flat, prep, and glue. They look good.

Yeah - he said the soles were about half the cost. Very good today especially with the shifter repositioned butdamn the Strom is wide with the side bags on. Feels different on the highway as well

Went to the Milwaukee Motorcycle clothing website to see if there were any Canadian retailers and found nothing. I have size 8 EEEE feet and their site says they only go to EEE width. With feet as hard to fit as mine I'm not ordering something if I can't try it on. :(

Very cool. I had thought only welted soles could be resoled. Hopefully I can get more years out of my Dainese cafe boots this way.

Back
Top Bottom