Need a lift?? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Need a lift??

MacDoc

Site Supporter
Sam's Shoe and Boot Repair in Mississauga just did a terrific job on my Gaerne riding boots.

The Strom is a bit tall for my 30" inseam even with a 3/4" link lowering it. I have a pair of Milwaukee Trooper boots with a thick sticky sole

MB416_Boots-Right-Side-View.jpg

and they are just the perfect lift and the soles are incredibly anchored on pavement surfaces.

My Gaernes are very nice but lower and the sole not so rugged or sticky.

So Sam's did a number on them.....wow....really good job. Got the lift I wanted and the better traction.

The lugs will help in Australia slippy stuff and plant me more firmly with a loaded Wee for the next 3 weeks.

The Gaerne are worn a bit but the soles are thin in the first place

g-all-terrain-gore-tex-boots_26726_zoom.jpg

Now they are up there with the Trooper and I'm a tad taller :D

Last edited:
How do you find the feel with them on? I've always thought with thicker soles it would be easier to get a foot down, but harder to feel anything through the pegs.

Neither boot is flexible enough in the sole to feel anything through the peg.

My big concern is stability with a loaded Wee on cambered surfaces and the extra height helps.

I've got a small cut on my big toe I'm nursing as I don't want trouble next week on a 3 week ride so boot stay off for a few days. I know how the Milwauki Trooper boots feel and thats very solid so I'm expecting the same from the Gaerne.

Being going there for years. Great service. Do not forget he is closed on Sundays.

they did a bang up job on inrebs shoes as well...

-Pumps-Gray-Christian-Louboutin-Usa-Online-369_LRG.jpg
He said he don't believe in God but his shoes are Christian

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

Cost?

I had no idea such a modification could be done. That.is.cool.

I want my Gaerne Midlands done like that.

Anyone riding with those heels could teach you a thing or two. Inreb is good, but more pumps than stilettos.

Anyone riding with those heels could teach you a thing or two. Inreb is good, but more pumps than stilettos.
My understanding is it's more like two pumps, chump.

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

sorting throught the Inreb chaff....:rolleyes:

$80 plus tax for the full lift ...apparently the soles are pretty expensive on their own.

Screen%20Shot%202016-06-20%20at%20Jun%2020%20%20%20%202016%20%20%20%205.45.41%20PM_zpssctwgejb.jpg

with my sore toe - can't try them out for a few days.....:(

don't want to risk a worse infection now it is settling down nicely.

Glad I snagged those Milwauki Troopers ($50 US !!! ) as a model as I would not have chanced building the Gaerne's up. Gonna be especially nice on the KLR even more than the Wee.

Some Italian bootmaker is muttering in his cappucino :D

Last edited:
$80 is peanuts, I was expecting much more.

Just pick up a pair of these:
TRA518-B.jpg

Pairs. The only way to roll.

sorting throught the Inreb chaff....:rolleyes:

Our only god is speed, but that's getting close to sacrilege.

If those soles are proper rubber, they will be worth the moola. How are the buckles holding up? Going to replace my Formas soon partly due to wear but also due to zippers. They've lasted longer than the Daytonas but all that awkward tugging does the zips in eventually. Said the bishop to the nun.

Being a fellow stumpy legged rider (30" inseam) who is interested in bikes with taller seat heights I'm interested to see how you like them. I'm also interested to see how they feel as far as getting your toe under the shifter. I'm considering a Wee Strom or possibly even a Concours 14. The Concours may only have a 32 inch seat height but with all that weight a little extra shoe under my foot would provide a lot of support when holding all that weight up with one foot!

A totally separate question for you MacDoc, how do you find the wind noise on the Wee Strom? Wind noise is my only complaint about my Bandit. I have a Givi windscreen but it is still very loud, especially on the highway. I don't want to be buying accessories for a 15yr old bike, but I definitely want my next bike to not have this problem. I know that suzuki has a vario style windscreen available for the wee, just wondering if this would solve my problem?

28" inseam here
KTM 950 Supermoto-35" seat height....so this is an interesting mod for sure.
Let us know how they are to ride in, and are the soles so stiff that walking, shifting etc is hard?

Isn't any good shoemaker able to do that?

Let us know how they are to ride in, and are the soles so stiff that walking, shifting etc is hard?

Based on the Milwaukee Troopers which are not broken in ....They will be fine for shifting and bit clunky so far for walking but that should loosen up a bit.
A bit stiffer for walking than the original sole on the Gaerne I suspect but that's a fine trade off for some extra stability. I can walk in sandals.

Yes any shoemaker can do it but this guy has a good rep and you can see the result. $400 boots you want it done right.

Y'know if you want a tough boot that is not waterproof but gives you height and strong angle protection plus ultra non-slip

not a bad deal
https://www.amazon.com/Milwaukee-Motorcycle-Clothing-Company-10EE/dp/B000NJSHNK

Lot more in Canada....my $50 US shipped new looks very good ....dumb luck I fell into them. $255 Cdn online ...yikes.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom