County rd 10: Nth of Port Hope | GTAMotorcycle.com

County rd 10: Nth of Port Hope

kiwi

Rode this on Saturday. Looks like they have recently resealed with with stone chips. Most of the road has been swept, but there is still gravel on the edges. Also there are no road markings as of yet.

I posted about this on a few groups, but never thought to post here.

How far up north on 10 did you notice it? I was out with a group last Saturday and it looked/felt like they had scattered gravel all over the entire road surface on 10 from about Millbrook to Ganaraska Rd (9). Front actually slipped a bit going over it, and could end badly if anyone was trying to take it significantly faster.

Pulled a screenshot from my helmet cam that day...you can see the difference in the road just up ahead...

am2he1.jpg

Last edited:
I posted about this on a few groups, but never thought to post here.

How far up north on 10 did you notice it? I was out with a group last Saturday and it looked/felt like they had scattered gravel all over the entire road surface on 10 from about Millbrook to Ganaraska Rd (9). Front actually slipped a bit going over it, and could end badly if anyone was trying to take it significantly faster.

Pulled a screenshot from my helmet cam that day...you can see the difference in the road just up ahead...

from memory it was most of the large sweeper area. Stopped in the slightly hilly tighter section before reaching the "top" of the climb.. sorry cant be more helpful, but I'll check a map later :)

from memory it was most of the large sweeper area. Stopped in the slightly hilly tighter section before reaching the "top" of the climb.. sorry cant be more helpful, but I'll check a map later :)

Sounds about right, but remember I was coming at it from the North (rode through Omemee and down Skill Hill) vs approaching from the South.

I'll probably leave it 1-2 weeks before checking on it again....unless others report in that it is done and cleared.

Sadly there doesn't seem to be many alternates in that area...guessing if coming from the north, Skill Hill and 10 down to Millbrook, then take the 21 further east to the 28, then down until Ganaraska to head west and link back up with the remainder of 10 towards Port Hope.

Sadly there doesn't seem to be many alternates in that area...guessing if coming from the north,

yeah, I use that route to make my way north after taking the 401 --> lakeshore East to get across Durham. From memory there's not much else going West -> East.. I last went via goodwood-->uxbridge-->Lindsey--> Bobcaygeon to get north which is more of a North-East route.

Bumping to see if there is any updates on the resurfacing. If it is done I'm thinking I might head out that way later today.

I was just on it. it's clean/marked and as good as chip/tar is going to get.

I was just on it. it's clean/marked and as good as chip/tar is going to get.

Hmm guess I'll have to do a test ride over the weekend. Chip/tar sounds pretty much the same as the picture I posted above though (which basically means some loose gravel all over the road surface).

Hmm guess I'll have to do a test ride over the weekend. Chip/tar sounds pretty much the same as the picture I posted above though (which basically means some loose gravel all over the road surface).

Any update?

Any update?

Actually yes...rode it last Sunday (July 3rd), and like Hardwrkr13 said, I guess it is pretty much done and chip/tar now (new lines are painted as well). Not nearly as good as fresh normal asphalt, but at least it isn't a gravel trap anymore.

I should add though I only went as far south as Ganaraska Rd (9). Normally I'd continue down 10, but I wanted to cut across to get pictures of the wind farm near the 115. I only mention this because 'maybe' there is now continued work further south (wasn't before), but I'm only speculating it might be a possibility, as I haven't been out that way again.

Last edited:
Actually yes...rode it last Sunday (July 3rd), and like Hardwrkr13 said, I guess it is pretty much done and chip/tar now (new lines are painted as well). Not nearly as good as fresh normal asphalt, but at least it isn't a gravel trap anymore.

I should add though I only went as far south as Ganaraska Rd (9). Normally I'd continue down 10, but I wanted to cut across to get pictures of the wind farm near the 115. I only mention this because 'maybe' there is now continued work further south (wasn't before), but I'm only speculating it might be a possibility, as I haven't been out that way again.

thanks. Maybe I'll do that route again in Autumn.

New thread was started by someone else...looks like they are working on the south part now... :(

They started tearing up the south part of county road ten...so the 2 high speed sweepers southbound through perry town are a no go. Keep your speed down as you will hit the gravel before you know it.

You don't want to hit the brakes high speed in a corner on gravel....I suspect that may end badly...

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforu...!-Warning!-Cty-rd-10-south-of-9-campbellcroft

no asphalt County Rd 10 Durham

Hwy 10 is a dirt road north of hwy 2. Look like they have taken off the asphalt completely.

Had to detour up 28

Re: Hwy. 10 no asphalt

Mods might want to merge this with the other two threads on the same road given the proximity.

Either way, thanks for the heads up....based on what I saw a week ago 10 should be 'ok' north of Ganaraska Road 9....chip/tar for a few km until you get closer to Millbrook.

Yeah I read on one thread it was back to normal. But I guess they dig up a new batch this morning I had to detour. I am up in goose them now did 507 taking a break

Not exactly true. 10 is now gravel from county 9 (Ganaraska Rd) south just below 6th Line (about 3km's). The rest of 10 is still paved (as of tonight).

On Sunday morning it was gravel starting from about 1-2 km north of Hwy 2. I did not venture to see how long it goes for but it was as far as I could see

On Sunday morning it was gravel starting from about 1-2 km north of Hwy 2. I did not venture to see how long it goes for but it was as far as I could see

Someone got a link to the section of road being talked about?? thanks!

FYI, as of July 26th 10 is still dirt at Ganaraska Rd 9. Was coming down from the north, so I took 9 over to 28, and that down to Dale/2.

This is the 'bad section'....although as far as I know, the construction might be limited to the top 3km or so of the marked area.

https://goo.gl/L72qOB

Back
Top Bottom