BMW GS-911 tool to share | GTAMotorcycle.com

BMW GS-911 tool to share

Kotik108

I just got a brand new BMW GS-911 tool.
7592490_2.bak.jpg

It allowed me to reset my K1300GT on-board computer to get rid of brake-lights-on-all-time-problem at easy by myself. They asked for $720 to fix that problem at Toronto MotoRad. So, even considering the GS-911 price and paying 2 hours tech time at none-BMW garage, where they tried in vain to reset the computer, I saved about $100. I also look enthusiastically to use this device in future as I like my none-BMW garage and can do some things by myself...

For the GS-911 I paid $425 (TAX included). This tool lets you to adjust all on-board computer dependent features, diagnose all your electrical issues, reset the computer after repair at none-BMW garage and even change your fuel injector settings by yourself, if you think you would like more or less idling speed, for example...

Here is a quote from Ruder Magazine review:
"Hooking up a GS-911 is like cutting a window into your BMW’s electronic black box. And it’s so easy to do that running the diagnostics regularly would be child’s play. "
End of quote

The device fits the following BMW models:
R-Series:
HP2, HP2 Megamoto, R1200GS, R1200GS Adventure, R1200RT, R1200R, R1200ST, R1200S, R1200S HP2
R1200C, R1200CL
R1150GS, R1150GS Adventure, R1150RT, R1150R, R1150RS (single- and twin-spark on all models)
R1100S (single and twin-spark)
R850C, R850R, R850RT
K-Series:
K1300GT, K1300R, K1300S
K1200GT, K1200R, K1200R Sport, K1200S,
K1200LT, K1200GT (non-CAN), K1200RS
F-Series:
F800S, F800ST, F800GS, F800GS Adventure,F800R, F700GS

F650GS (800cc 2 cylinder)
F650CS, F650GS, F650GS Dakar (single- and twin-spark on all models)
G-Series:
G650Xchallenge, G650Xcountry, G650Xmoto
G650GS
G450X
C-Series:
C1, C1-200, C600 Sport, C650 GT

S-Series:
S1000RR
For more information please brouse here:
http://www.hexcode.co.za/products/gs-911/gs911 Description by manufacturer OR
http://ridermagazine.com/2011/07/19/gs-911-bmw-diagnostic-tool-review/ Review by Rider Magazine

I have the Enthusiast version that lets you to add up to 10 different BMW motorcycles to it. I have just 1 BMW and would like to share the device with other interested BMW owner(s). After all it will be just 1/2 price for sharing between 2 guys, or 1/4 for 4.
If interested, please send me an email at r.pekhletski@utoroto.ca

Last edited:
Interested. Where are you located?

How would it work? (ie who keeps it and for how long, etc..)

Also, Where did you buy it from?

You are close to a good idea here, but since you are actually maintaining possession most of the time, I would recommend that you flat rate other people. For instance, get $75 from a person and then they can use it for their bike. If you sell all 9 licenses, you make some money, if someone gives you money and you move/disappear, they got at least 1 scan out of you (which would have cost them $75 anyway).

Interested. Where are you located?

How would it work? (ie who keeps it and for how long, etc..)

Also, Where did you buy it from?

That is my issue with sharing a tool like this. Whenever you need it, it will most likely not be there and need to be fetched. They are pricey, but if you are doing things yourself, the price will quickly pay for itself. Looks like this is the enthusiast version as well, the pro version is $750
http://beemershop.com/Merchant5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=BS&Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=GS-911

It works for some, but for me if I wanted to use one of these I would just buy one myself to keep on hand.

A great tool indeed. I've used mine twice so far, definitely worth the money.

Endra's wanted something like $50 to reset my service reminder warning.

Last edited:
I am near Jane subway station, but I am working down-town, Bay street. I would imaging lending it this way: we meet and you will leave some money or other equal value thing(s) with me. I land the tool to you. You use it (this will add 1 more BMW to the circuit) and return when you want your investment back. I will keep $75 for the added bike, but you will become one of the user in the system and can reuse it in future for free. Of cause each time you want to get it, you need to pledge some money/thing(s). In case of emergency, we can elaborate some way to supply it to the person in need, I guess with some delivery fee for the guy who will possess the device at the time. You can buy it from www.dualsportplus.com

This understand that this unit does not work on the Waterboxer motors. You have to use the wi-fi professional version .

You would also have to see how many users can get the updates.

There are several people around GTA that charge $25-$50 for a full system scan and a reset of the service reminder.

Ideally this tool can be shared by 2 or 3 close friends.

Back
Top Bottom