GOOD, cheap Motorcycle Bluetooth Interphone Headset Helmet Intercom Walkie-talkie FM | GTAMotorcycle.com

GOOD, cheap Motorcycle Bluetooth Interphone Headset Helmet Intercom Walkie-talkie FM

-D-

Banned
Pay attention to my seller as my link to the product is to someone else.

Note- I am using an Android phone and I am using player pro app for music.
I noticed that one music app did not work with headset to stop/start music.
If you have that problem, try anther app. Other apps also let you adjust for the music and type of device/speakers you are using.

I have been using this for a few days now and pretty impressed.
The price was fair. The unit is well built, seems solid and water proof.
They tell you in the directions to store (off season) the units charged to protect the battery.
The unit is easy to use, it even has FM radio that works well.
The buttons are good they make sense and easy to press with gloves on.
They even made the volume - button larger than the volume +
The volume buttons when you short press them will skip down/up to next song.
Charges in 4 hours. The mic is flat.
Instructions are easy to follow.
They are pretty loud as I ride with earplugs pushed right into my ear canal. I can still hear these. The speakers are a bit thick so they offer some bass. When the earplugs are out, they are plenty loud.

Another cool feature, I can switch to radio and it will pause the music on my phone. This is good if you are riding in an area and want to hear traffic/weather info. It is FM radio only.

They give you 2 types of mounts, one is the helmet clip the other is a base with velcro. This is good if the clip gets in your way or you want a more streamlined look. I found that clip got in the way for one of my helmets...the D-ring my glove would hit the clip.

You can probably use them in your bike helmets and other things to communicate.

It has a little thing on the front that you can put a ziptie or string as extra insurance. The velcro mount is solid and the plastic base has a curve to match a helmet...smart idea because helmets are not flat.

I have done used it for a phone call yet as that was not my primary criteria.
The 2 way communication works well.
I was able to pair 3 units.

This seller is good because I was able to buy extra earphone piece and mounts for my other helmets. I prewire them so I just stick on the radio part. you can pay for express shipping via DHL $20 in customs for 3 units.
This is group buy worthy and get the express shipping so you can use it in the next week :)

The bad - it comes with a usb charger and cable but the usb cable end that goes into the unit it is small not your typical usb plug, but not a big deal because I have 3 units. You can probably buy extra cables from the seller.

volume control - this is subjective...you have to hold the volume+/- down to adjust the volume because tapping it changes your music. As I mentioned I ride with earplugs so I leave it at max volume, does the job for me. If you want to stop playing the music...pause it...just tap the blue phone button.

Another feature, it will redial your last number if you press the phone button...this is good if you have riding buddies on a trip or something to dial them before you leave or dial your home before you leave then if you really need to call, you hit the button...lol...open the garage the eagle is approaching...or for Joe Bass, Prince Jr. is arriving.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by -D-
I am considering this unit.
Sleeker and larger buttons.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-BT-S1-100...3D262042759256
I bought these from elate_tech
2*Motorcycle Bluetooth Interphone Headset Helmet Intercom Walkie-talkie 1000M+FM #390991746731

Have not used them they look good.
This seller is good because I got DHL expedited shipping (paid for it $20 customs fee).
Also I was able to buy 3 units along with extra headsets and helmet clips separately.
Now you can prewire other helmets and switch the radio, ready to go.

buttons and setup seem good so far, good quality build.
I will let you know how they work.

Last edited:
Looks interesting. I'm looking for a unit just for listening to music/gps etc. that does not require a boom mic.

@-D- can you put up a pic of it mounted? I've been thinking of getting one and not having to spend a lot. I like the fm radio feature. To get a uclear or sena with that it gets pricey. And I didn't understand about the usb charging cable. What do you mean?
@Jampy00, I'd be in for a group buy. I'm only interested in a single unit.

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

@-D- can you put up a pic of it mounted? I've been thinking of getting one and not having to spend a lot. I like the fm radio feature. To get a uclear or sena with that it gets pricey. And I didn't understand about the usb charging cable. What do you mean?
@Jampy00, I'd be in for a group buy. I'm only interested in a single unit.

There are pics on the website (ebay).
The usb charging cable = 1 end is standard part that plugs into your computer or the wall charger. The other end that plugs into the unit is smaller than the one that goes into your Android phone. Meaning you can not use your phone cable to charge this unit.

Send the seller email asking for price for extra cable.

It does come with a boom mic but you can cut that piece off or just bend it out of the way.

For the money, this thing does it all for me, does it well.
Clearly I can not tell you how long the battery will last over time but it's cheap enough that I can buy several of these for the cost of a Senna.

Oh, the plug going into the unit from the headset is also well made.
Use a butter knife or popsicle stick to tuck the wires into your helmet. I took my liners out to run the cables neatly.

TIP - use black duct tape and a wire tie (comes with the headset) to neatly gather the wires and tuck it.

I will post a pic of mine later...if I remember...lol

Update
been using this for a while now
no complaints, it works well
charge lasts long
easy to use the buttons with gloves on
kinda cool with fm radio

the intercom works great
the wind noise reduction is awesome
using the phone to test while riding at 100kmh worked great

Looks like a solid choice if you are looking for 2 rider intercom. I have something similar tat allows for up to 6 riders to be paired and have also loved it and been using it for 6 months now with no faults or problems.

[video=youtube;-hyVG54bSbA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hyVG54bSbA[/video]

Honestly really glad we have these cheap options available for giving us 90% of the features that other big names have, because I cannot suck up the cost of a Sena for a dual pack which would cost be over $600CAD after tax.

Last edited:
^^ We have a set of those as well and are very pleased for the money. Not perfect (the speakers could be less tinny for music and louder), but they are actually quite good. Range is stellar and the battery life is impressive - we used ours from 8AM until 7:30PM on our trip to Sudbury on Saturday and only as we were pulling into the hotel at 7:30 did mine start to beep low battery. Plugged in they both charged to full in about an hour and a half.

Unfortunately the helmet clips SUCK and are now both broken - deciding between sticking with the current velcro bandaid setup or buying new ones...which will probably break as well. Poor design.

^^ We have a set of those as well and are very pleased for the money. Not perfect (the speakers could be less tinny for music and louder), but they are actually quite good. Range is stellar and the battery life is impressive - we used ours from 8AM until 7:30PM on our trip to Sudbury on Saturday and only as we were pulling into the hotel at 7:30 did mine start to beep low battery. Plugged in they both charged to full in about an hour and a half.

Unfortunately the helmet clips SUCK and are now both broken - deciding between sticking with the current velcro bandaid setup or buying new ones...which will probably break as well. Poor design.

Friend has the same problem, double sided sticky tape :)

Friend has the same problem, double sided sticky tape :)

Yeah. The first one (on my wifes helmet) broke while we were in Lake Placid a few weeks ago - we went to the drugstore across the street and picked up some velcro instead. Not ideal since the grooves on the back of the intercom itself (that are designed to slide into the helmet bracket) prevent the velcro from adhering in all but 2 small spots (so it does move around a little), but it's done the job including the trip back from Lake Placid as well as a 1000K trip this past weekend.

Since it doesn't seem like any better designed brackets (that aren't going to just break again in short order) are available, I'm thinking about just grinding the grooves off so that the velcro can sit flat and mate to the velcro on the helmet better.

The unit I posted comes with the velcro and bracket plus the regular bracket.
I used he velcro bracket because it allowed me to move the unit up higher and out of the way when taking lid off.

I suggest you guys simply warm up a butter knife and cut off the tabs. Then buy some 3M or Scotch SURELOCK. It is like velcro idea but instead it's small plastic teeth that connect. That stuff is strong. Clean your lid first with alcohol.

You can get the surelock from business depot and home depot.
Comes in white, clear, black.

You can order rolls from Amazon and Ebay too.

They used to give that stuff out for free at the 407 office. 3m velcro stuff.

Hey D where is the link to this?

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Then buy some 3M or Scotch SURELOCK. It is like velcro idea but instead it's small plastic teeth that connect

Excellent idea, this is what I shall do - that stuff is way better than the fabric velcro and it won't move around while you're trying to push buttons.

My bench grinder will make short work of the tabs.

Hey D where is the link to this?

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
Velcro or unit?
Unit is in post #1

The seller I used was able to sell me extra items.
I got extra clips and clipless brackets along with extra headphone/mic units.
It was cheap.

This way you can wire up your other helmets and just unclip the unit to swap between lids.

The headphones are actually decent, there is some bass and range in them.
I wear earplugs and I can still hear my tunes at highway speeds.

I wish there was an earbud setup available for these - I see lots of people selling the second helmet sets (the speakers and boom mic), but earbuds would be awesome to do double duty as earplugs and earpieces at the same time.

I'm thinking about making my own breakout cable that separates the input and outputs - that way the included mic could still be used but the output could be routed to a set of earbuds plugged into a separate cable instead.

Sorry to dig up and old thread but wondering how these are working/worked for you?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/2x-BT-S1-100...963071?hash=item2a5a8f3cbf:g:-94AAOSwhcJWJacO

Looking at getting these for myself and the GF. She will be riding this year and has expressed and interest in being able to talk to me while stopped at lights, etc... to get some tips or ask questions.

Seems like for $100 bucks it should do the trick just fine. Did the kit come with the mics? and did you install this on a full face helmet D?

Thanks for the advice.

don't know about how this one works but you can use the boom mic's in a full face. The small one for my Sena broke mid season so I put the boom one in and it works better I find, and more robust.

Sorry to dig up and old thread but wondering how these are working/worked for you?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/2x-BT-S1-100...963071?hash=item2a5a8f3cbf:g:-94AAOSwhcJWJacO

Looking at getting these for myself and the GF. She will be riding this year and has expressed and interest in being able to talk to me while stopped at lights, etc... to get some tips or ask questions.

Seems like for $100 bucks it should do the trick just fine. Did the kit come with the mics? and did you install this on a full face helmet D?

Thanks for the advice.

works great, no issues
I used the adhesive mount instead of clip mount because it fit the helmet better.
do a test setup so you can see where your hands (thumbs) will pull the straps apart and place the mount out of the way.

Yes, used in full face helmets.

As I said, for the price, works great, does everything just fine.
I use earplugs and I can hear music fine (max volume)....really loud without earplugs
I use earplugs to block out the wind fatigue.

Back
Top Bottom