Dash cam for bike | GTAMotorcycle.com

Dash cam for bike

empty

Didn't want to hijack the other car dash cam thread.
What camera setup are people using on their bike? My dad's cage has front camera unit with a remote rear camera plugin. Anything like that available for weather exposed mount? Especially the rear camera which will probably be under the tail.
Thinking that the front unit I would take with me, the rear would be hardwired and tucked out of sight under the tail.

Didn't want to hijack the other car dash cam thread.
What camera setup are people using on their bike? My dad's cage has front camera unit with a remote rear camera plugin. Anything like that available for weather exposed mount? Especially the rear camera which will probably be under the tail.
Thinking that the front unit I would take with me, the rear would be hardwired and tucked out of sight under the tail.

IMO, leaving a camera exposed while having your bike parked is just asking for it to be stolen. People will steal $10 gloves sitting on a bike, now a $100+ camera? Good luck.

There really isn't much of a reason to leave a camera hooked up to your bike while parked as if it's running, it will drain your battery pretty quickly. Better off taking it with you unless you have a way to lock up the camera.

As for where to mount, people usually mount it to the side fairing, windscreen, swingarm, and on TOP of the tail of the bike.

Most action cam's include a pretty sticky mount that will stick like it's a part of the bike. Definitely do not recommend a dashcam meant for a car though as they're not waterproof.

Drift on your helmet. you can take it with you.

I mainly use the Drift HD Ghost mounted to my helmet. Originally I only rode with it when going up north for personal footage, but after getting cut off a few times I've started wearing it when commuting too, and just deleting the footage when I get home if nothing eventful happened.

As for mounted solutions...on a bike, really something like 1-2 action cameras like a GoPro, GoPro clone, or a Mobius. You'd have to remove them when you park, to charge, potentially in bad weather (if not waterproof)...but that's about as good as it would get on a bike.

Didn't want to leave the head unit behind, just the rear camera lens that would unplug from the main unit.
That Innova and CanadaDash look nice but cost is high.
The Bullet sound interesting and decent price. Didn't notice if you can plug in two cameras into the control unit for front and back coverage.
Thanks for the suggestions.

Last edited:
My dad's car has had it for about 3 years. Head unit up front has camera and screen built in, rear camera was included and was remote plug in at the end of a cable. We installed it in the headliner at the top of the rear window. All for ~$120. Starts recording whenever the car is turned on. Includes sound.
Maybe I'll look at weatherproofing something like that.

Back
Top Bottom