Plate fell off | GTAMotorcycle.com

Plate fell off

PaisaMed

Somewhere on the following roads my plate fell off on Saturday June 18th sometime around 5:00-5:30

avenue Rd, st Clair, Russell hill Rd. Davenport, Huron, spadina, DuPont, high park, colour etc lodge dr., queensway, grand

i retraced my route carefully on the way back and was stopped by the sergeant of the canine unit. After. A quick explanation I was on my way home. I guess it's off to service Ontario tomorrow.

If if anyone sees it lying at the side of the road the first two characters are 7 F X X X

thanks

Somewhere on the following roads my plate fell off on Saturday June 18th sometime around 5:00-5:30

avenue Rd, st Clair, Russell hill Rd. Davenport, Huron, spadina, DuPont, high park, colour etc lodge dr., queensway, grand

i retraced my route carefully on the way back and was stopped by the sergeant of the canine unit. After. A quick explanation I was on my way home. I guess it's off to service Ontario tomorrow.

If if anyone sees it lying at the side of the road the first two characters are 7 F X X X

thanks

Are you sure it fell off and not taken by someone?

I parked my car on street over night near sheppard and bayview one time. And my plate was stolen. I didn't notice until a cop pulled me over.

Stolen probably, lots of unisured riders out there that want tags. Service Ontario for a new one, no way around it.

IMO a plate is a lot like a credit card...if you lose it and don't find it retracing steps...then report it immediately. Last thing you would need is someone putting it on their bike and getting a ticket, or running, or using the 407.

Go to Service Ontario with your ID, ownership, & proof of insurance and they'll issue you a new plate for a small fee. If it's a personalized plate, they will issue you a temporary one until you wait six months. After the six-month wait, they will issue you your personalized plate again. The fee for that is just over $90.

go to service canada asap. you dont want a 407 bill. my plate went missing also.

been there too, lost my custom plate the first short ride on my new Stryker... Ordered the replacement for $90 the next day but still waiting for it after 5 weeks now; at least they give a no charge loaner plate!

thats what I get for using nylon bolts.... Dumb.

I came close to losing mine on my second ride on the bike. Lost a bolt, dealer had put it on with Nylon Nuts, no more nylon for me too now

Damn, I'm already paranoid about people tipping over my bike, or doing a hit and run in the parking lot (happened twice with my GSXR-600, where I stepped away for a few minutes only to come back and find my bike lying on the ground), and also paranoid about people stealing the bike itself. Now you're telling me I have to watch out for plate thieves, f*** this world seriously.

Yeah. You should probably just stay home.

Or bubble wrap your bike with a cattle prod wired to the plate.... I remember a guy on this forum ages ago who had foam blocks stuck to his bike to save the plastics, that could work too.

I got a set of "security bolts" from CT once I lost the plate for $8, not perfect but at least makes it a bigger PITA to swipe the plate.

Back
Top Bottom