Running a red light | GTAMotorcycle.com

Running a red light

Mango Rider

I think I ran a red by just missing the yellow, there weren't any cars going the opposite direction so I didn't slow down, but I saw no flash from the red light camera in the intersection?
What are the penalties from running a red? Does your insurance get notified and raise? Is it only a fine?

I think I ran a red by just missing the yellow, there weren't any cars going the opposite direction so I didn't slow down, but I saw no flash from the red light camera in the intersection?
What are the penalties from running a red? Does your insurance get notified and raise? Is it only a fine?
I believe it's a $300 ish fine. Insurance is not affected from what I know.

they issue a fine to the owner of the vehicle. There is no ticket to go on record and insurance is not affected as they cannot prove who was operating the vehicle at the time

Why would you risk your life running a red? Just saying.
I don't think I actually got the red, might have been Amber. This was more of a curious thought of a just-in-case scenario. But again, no vehicle was going the opposite direction, I saw no risk of life at this time.
Regardless, I do not condone running red lights :(

I don't think I actually got the red, might have been Amber. This was more of a curious thought of a just-in-case scenario. But again, no vehicle was going the opposite direction, I saw no risk of life at this time.
Regardless, I do not condone running red lights :(

Good to hear. Assume the worst until you can prove the best. A coffin is not a place to be. You can be right or dead right.

Why would you risk your life running a red? Just saying.
My twin brother did it a few times. Sometimes when you're on a stretch of road & don't expect it, it can happen. Brain fart & on country roads. Freaks the hell outta you though

My twin brother did it a few times. Sometimes when you're on a stretch of road & don't expect it, it can happen. Brain fart & on country roads. Freaks the hell outta you though[/

To be honest, I am sure we have all done it. (Not anymore) In my younger days at "The Ace Café" Read the stories about putting money in the Jukebox. I think in those days everybody lost friends doing stupid things. Unfortunately, some still do.

No more than two weeks...

To be clear I didn't really "run" the red light...
Heavy grid lock type traffic and I managed to miss read the flow of traffic and wound up "in the zone" after the light changed...
I'm pretty sure had it been a flesh and blood copper standing on the corner watching he/she wouldn't have bothered pulling me over for a ticket...
This was at Main and Dundurn in Hamilton... Anyone familiar with the area knows how heavy/slow traffic is sometimes.?

Last edited:
My understanding is a camera must take 2 somewhat clear photos that identify the vehicle license plate and at two key points in time. The first photo is when the light turns red and must show the vehicle not in the intersection yet, followed by another photo right after with the vehicle in the intersection, thus clearly showing the vehicle entered the intersection after the light had already gone red.

Back
Top Bottom