Millions of Motorcyclists Hacked! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Millions of Motorcyclists Hacked!

Neil_V

Site Supporter
LOL ... yep, and that's why it's never really me posting anywhere, anything on-line.

LOL ... yep, and that's why it's never really me posting anywhere, anything on-line.

You have entirely separate emails for all different web activities? I find it easier to just change passwords often on sensitive sites

Mvzj4Mc.gif

Same here.
I didn't even post this.

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

Thanks @Neil_V
Just to be sure....change the forum passwords, Tapatalk should be ok, right?

Use a different pw for each site. You'll be fine.

油井緋色;2423514 said:
Use a different pw for each site. You'll be fine.
Thx
I do.
Weird thing just happened...Tapatalk unsubscribed me from gtam. ?

What's this about passwords? Is they a security feature? I thought they were just a virtual secret handshake. For security I just spell my name backwards and wear sunglasses when "logged on":cool:

What's this about passwords? Is they a security feature? I thought they were just a virtual secret handshake. For security I just spell my name backwards and wear sunglasses when "logged on":cool:

asy man! Don't forget to drop the e

As a former administrator on one of VerticalScopes biggest forums for about 4-5 years, I can attest to the fact that their professionalism in how they operate is lacking sometimes. Considering they're reportedly a half billion dollar company I was often amazed at how poorly many things were handled and how lackadaisical they were about a lot of things. This, sadly, does not come as a surprise to me, which is why I always used a random letters/numbers password there and not one that I use anywhere else.

600rr.net is affected but I thought they had me change my password around that time anyway... I could be mistaken. Anyway, not much anyone can do with my forum accounts. They're all junk emails and never use those passwords for anything important.

I have a backspace in all my passwords, nobody has ever cracked it.

Use throwaway passwords and spam email addresses to register for forums... who cares if it gets hacked.

Interestingly, something like 90,000 of the hacked accounts had the same good password (something like 4fsety*3!dd). VS playing games with advertisers?

You have entirely separate emails for all different web activities? I find it easier to just change passwords often on sensitive sites

No. Just one junk email, without any real name etc. If someone hacks it, they can have it all.

There's one forum who is trying to run it like Fort Knox .... KTMTalk.com .... When I tried to register, they forced you to Not use free kind of email (so Google, Yahoo, hotmail kind would not do) then they force you to give them your name (you still need alias), telling you you can opt to keep it hidden ... Yeah LOL, whatever .... Once you make up a name, if the name looks suspicious, they will still not authorize your account .... After goofing around for 15 mins I concluded they are not worth my time. I do understand that people need to behave online, but there's no way I am telling you anything about me you don't need to know. Not in today's day and age.

Back
Top Bottom