Mind your hydration levels - brutal couple od days ahead | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Mind your hydration levels - brutal couple od days ahead

Re: Mind your hydration levels - brutal couple of days ahead

Some serious global warming going on. I swear its like 12-14*c at nights and then all of a sudden 30+ during the day.

.....it's warm nights that are the clearest indicator of AGW.

In what way? Scientifically speaking.

Last edited:

Just got back from a 1000K ride out to Alexandria Bay and Lake Placid. Weather was beautiful all weekend, but wow..warm today, the blast furnace type stuff that yields no relief even at speed. I will admit I ditched my jacket for the entire trip home today but kept all my other gear on - it was one of those calculated risks type things - get overheated and woozy while riding, or remove some safety gear in an effort to be, well...more safe?

Great weekend, but should have packed my camelback and I would have stuffed it full of ice for the return trip today....could probably have kept my full gear on for much of the trip.

Eventually we got off the slab around Trenton and went down to Hwy2, it was much cooler with the breeze off the lake.

Thats the issue and we don't have the room to ditch the jacket. Despite hydrating all day still was down on water.....30 degrees in 4 season jackets, Quebec roads and holiday traffic jams Exhausting ride.

If you read the article - you literally cannot drink fast enough to keep up with how fast your body loses water :(

Thats the issue and we don't have the room to ditch the jacket.

I was lucky that one of the participants in the ride was on a Spyder so she had some spare room in one of her trunks. Had it not been for that I had some netting that I could have used to somehow strap our jackets to our very sizeable luggage bag on the cargo rack. It wouldn't have been pretty but it would have worked.

Camel back is a great idea - I started using it while riding dirt this past month and I feel dumb for not buying one long time ago.
Stopping in an air conditioned restaurant/place at least every 2 or 3 hours is also a good idea.
Do not wear cotton anything under, use under armor stuff like VNM, wallmart and various other places sell.

Back
Top Bottom