Release from hospital | GTAMotorcycle.com

Release from hospital

hedo2002

Site Supporter
Well in about 2 hours I will be released from hospital. My collision occurred 4 weeks ago this coming Monday. I am mending still can only weight bear as "tolerated" on arm with broken clavicle. Completely non weight bearing on left leg, (with broken ankle). Both the ankle and collar bone now have metal plates and screws in place. Looking forward to freedom to choose my meals. I was weighted yesterday in the past 10 days I have lost 9 lbs...lol

Should this be on your facebook? Blog? Twitter?

No friends or followers?

Hey @hedo2002 glad to hear that you're getting out. But that sounds rough. Hope that recovery will be relatively swift.

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

Welcome back soldier.

thats great news.... I hope the rest of the recovery goes swiftly and smoothly

Think you'll get back in the saddle or is this it for you?

Congratulations on your recovery so far. I hope everything else goes well. L

Well in about 2 hours I will be released from hospital. My collision occurred 4 weeks ago this coming Monday. I am mending still can only weight bear as "tolerated" on arm with broken clavicle. Completely non weight bearing on left leg, (with broken ankle). Both the ankle and collar bone now have metal plates and screws in place. Looking forward to freedom to choose my meals. I was weighted yesterday in the past 10 days I have lost 9 lbs...lol

Glad to hear about the recovery and release.

Doesn't sound like the greatest weight loss plan. Hope the recovery goes smooth from here on.

I was weighted yesterday in the past 10 days I have lost 9 lbs...lol

Weight reduction bro... lol

Glad to hear you are on the mend...hopefully you are back on 2 soon.

The problem with losing weight in the hospital is that you're not losing fat, you're losing muscle. A couple of years ago my appendix ruptured and the ensuing abdominal abscess, infection and illness landed me in the hospital for 2 weeks. Now, this was a bit extreme as I couldn't eat or retain anything substantive during this time but I ended up losing something like 15-20-lbs. When I finally got home I could barely climb the stairs. Took me a while to get back to normal.

The real challenge is replacing that muscle mass with muscle and not fat. :p

goddamn, there goes your 'dating life' for a while...

sorry to hear dude...

Sorry to hear that man.

And @ the muscle loss comment, it's really easy to fix this...just hit the gym.

When my doc gave the okay to go lift heavy, I became stronger than I was prior to breaking my clavicle in 3 months.

Start light, lift more every time. And if the pain isn't sharp, keep going!

Find a good physio therapist. I had to go through 3 before I found one that really helped me gain my strength back. Glad to hear you are healing, but sorry to hear of your accident.. Was this on the bike or car? Hows the other guy?

Back
Top Bottom