Bike keyed!!! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bike keyed!!!

Veej

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Just noticed this morning before leaving work and polishing her up for the ride. I've heard stories about people keying the German brands in cars and known folks who's Mercs and BMWs have got keyed by strangers in parking lots. The low life scums who do this are just attacking the brands as they assume your rich and put their hate towards your progress, not even thinking that the Merc or BMW model could possibly be less money than the your domestic vehicle at times, [/FONT]either way any brand you should not do that.

The mark is deep so I don't think it's a scratch from removing the tank to do work on it. Seems very intentional, from the angle I assume the imbecile stood by the bike leaned in as appearing to read the speedo and keyed the tank with the left hand discreetly as possible as I park with many bikes at work and someone could have seen him if had done it on the top or any other way.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Anyways I got a few other surface scratches will find a good painter to touch up the tank this winter, anyone know of on the GTA [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Here is a link to the chromeheads forum where this pic is , I couldn't embed or upload here due to the file size and some other errors. [/FONT]

http://www.chromeheads.org/discus/messages/11/586414.html?1466090177

Possible a pebble got flicked up between your knee and tank while riding and as you moved and shifted it scratched the paint?
I would think if some ****** is keying bikes, he'd be a lot more malicious about it.

Possible a pebble got flicked up between your knee and tank while riding and as you moved and shifted it scratched the paint?
I would think if some ****** is keying bikes, he'd be a lot more malicious about it.

The scratch is really deep down to the base, you feel the grooves with your fingers.

I very much doubt that is from a key.

Same, I just looked at the pic and expected it to be along the entire tank which is what I would imagine if someone were out to do some damage.

attachment.php

Attachments

• tumblr_o8v5wkiKGM1v1vuteo1_540.jpg
    tumblr_o8v5wkiKGM1v1vuteo1_540.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 199
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Just noticed this morning before leaving work and polishing her up for the ride. I've heard stories about people keying the German brands in cars and known folks who's Mercs and BMWs have got keyed by strangers in parking lots. The low life scums who do this are just attacking the brands as they assume your rich and put their hate towards your progress, not even thinking that the Merc or BMW model could possibly be less money than the your domestic vehicle at times...

Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity. There are a lot of stupid people in Toronto. Had a brand new rental "keyed" within an hour of picking it up. It was a Chevy Cruze. If it were genuinely vandalized, I would think it's because luxury vehicle owners tend to drive (and park) like nozzles. "Hate towards your progress", otherwise known as jealousy isn't likely a factor these days. BMWs, Audis and Mercs are pretty common even in poorer neighbourhoods. Used, sure, but still premium rides.

+1 on the damage. Looks like a careless turkey at worst. The few keyings I've seen are obviously intentional (whole length of vehicle, symbols or writing).

Last edited:
There is very little chance your bike was keyed. Zipper on riding pants, maybe?

No riding pants or anything like that, as I mentioned the scratch is deep to the base, could be my mechanic scratched it on the last visit. Anyways if it was not intentional it makes me feel better.

So anyone know a place that does a good fill, colour and top coat for small area jobs like this?

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Just noticed this morning before leaving work and polishing her up for the ride. I've heard stories about people keying the German brands in cars and known folks who's Mercs and BMWs have got keyed by strangers in parking lots. The low life scums who do this are just attacking the brands as they assume your rich and put their hate towards your progress, not even thinking that the Merc or BMW model could possibly be less money than the your domestic vehicle at times, [/FONT]either way any brand you should not do that.

The mark is deep so I don't think it's a scratch from removing the tank to do work on it. Seems very intentional, from the angle I assume the imbecile stood by the bike leaned in as appearing to read the speedo and keyed the tank with the left hand discreetly as possible as I park with many bikes at work and someone could have seen him if had done it on the top or any other way.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Anyways I got a few other surface scratches will find a good painter to touch up the tank this winter, anyone know of on the GTA [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Here is a link to the chromeheads forum where this pic is , I couldn't embed or upload here due to the file size and some other errors. [/FONT]

http://www.chromeheads.org/discus/messages/11/586414.html?1466090177

Dbags that double park deserve to get keyed.

you could try to touch up yourself using matching paint from ColorRite, although it would likely still be noticeable. Given the size and location I'd probably try and if I didn't like the result, then go to a painter/shop.

Note there are also touch up kits like Langka that help too, although you'd still need the actual paint as well.

Touch up Direct can colour match. check out their website. btw it doesn't look intentional.

Back
Top Bottom