Bike is running lean | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bike is running lean

Ghostrider619

After I got a slip on aftermarket exhaust, my bike seems to be running lean. Back fire/popping on deceleration and bike engine seems to e quit hot compared to my friend's bike ( my bike doesn't have a temp gauge). I should probably get the fueling remapped. How much $$ am I looking at to stop my bike running so hot and cooking up the engine ? And where can I get the remap done ? Thanks !

If it's a carburetor you need new jets,, it's not that hard to do , if if its not carbs, you need to reflash your ecu

And also regarding the beat, diferent bikes run different temperature,, that's fine are you saying your bike is running hotter since the new exhaust?

Get some smog block off plates to get rid of the backfire on deceleration. Makes a big difference. Also a power commander or bazzaz is really all you need. Adjust your throttle bodies. It may help the bike run better also.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

It will sure help to know make, model, year.

A slip-on muffler normally won't have much effect on how the bike runs.

And a lesson to all. Put a better flowing pipe on a bike you need to adjust fuel air (either jets or re-mapping) as you will end up running lean. Some fuel injection systems can adjust for slight changes.

Also if you change the exhaust you should also be changing the intake. So many put a pipe on with the thoughts it will give you more power but without changing the other end, the intake, you can actually lose horsepower. If the motor can't take in more air at the intake it can't pass that air through the more free flowing exhaust. And of course all this needs the fueling system to be re-worked to account for all these changes.

Back
Top Bottom