Aliexpress | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Aliexpress

If you have a US shipping address, and go to pick up items regularly, the main benefit of going with ebay, amazon, etc is you get your items faster, but probably still at a slight premium over getting something from Aliexpress that might be shipped from China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Japan, Thailand, etc that occasionally goes by air mail and arrives in less than 2 weeks, or more typically, and particularly with large items like you're looking at, by sea, which in that case takes 4-6 weeks, but usually around 4. Pretty much everything ships within the US 2-3 days, or up to a week from ebay, amazon, etc.

I just got an ebay order in today... an hour meter for my generator that shipped from China.

Order date: March 19!... nearly 3 months to receive the item!

Funny you say that MM, I received a package yesterday that I completely forgot that I ordered because it was so long ago!

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

Although I didn't buy fairings there, I personally don't trust Aliexpress. Their guarantees aren't worth the screen space they are written on.

Stupid me... I bought a steering stabilizer from aliexpress. A Scott's clone. The thing took two months to arrive and the valving on it does nothing. Highest setting or lowest, the control knob makes absolutely no difference in the pressure to move the arm, which is light.

I opened a ticket -- their resolution was for me to send them video of it not functioning. How am I supposed to do that? I suppose I could have bought a newton scale or something and made a video showing the same force moved the arm no matter the settings... but I am not going to spend more money on tools I don't need just to deal with a defective product.

Their next idea was to send it back at my cost... which would have been upwards of $40 for a tracked parcel to China -- so just not worth it on a $100 item.

Finally my dispute was closed and I was ruled against. So I left a negative review of this item and within hours the seller's account that I bought from no longer existed. No doubt they opened up, or already have an alias account.

In my opinion, Aliexpress is rife with scammers and you'd save yourself some headaches buying elsewhere.
What is to stop you from having someone film you & you shake the handlebars swiftly left to right? They need proof that they're not being scammed.

Most of my experience has been positive. I would certainly not order some brembo brakes from there or a pair of Marchesini wheels. I've ordered little electrical items at a fraction of a cost & I had also had a few refunds.

If you are ordering an item over $50 make sure you read the reviews. You can always spot a lie. The more reviews the better

Back
Top Bottom