Aliexpress | GTAMotorcycle.com

Aliexpress

DoubleJ

A general question to the masses.. Anybody ordered from Aliexpress for complete fairing set. If so how was the shipping speed, quality and custom interactions. I rashed up my bike and it seems there are very few options for good replacement OEM plastics that haven't been repaired before etc. Bike WAS a pristine 2001 Ninja ZZR 250 with less than 17000 kms on the clock. So any info is really needed. The option plan is to rat/cafe it but that really isn't me. lol
Thanks for any info.

Although I didn't buy fairings there, I personally don't trust Aliexpress. Their guarantees aren't worth the screen space they are written on.

Stupid me... I bought a steering stabilizer from aliexpress. A Scott's clone. The thing took two months to arrive and the valving on it does nothing. Highest setting or lowest, the control knob makes absolutely no difference in the pressure to move the arm, which is light.

I opened a ticket -- their resolution was for me to send them video of it not functioning. How am I supposed to do that? I suppose I could have bought a newton scale or something and made a video showing the same force moved the arm no matter the settings... but I am not going to spend more money on tools I don't need just to deal with a defective product.

Their next idea was to send it back at my cost... which would have been upwards of $40 for a tracked parcel to China -- so just not worth it on a $100 item.

Finally my dispute was closed and I was ruled against. So I left a negative review of this item and within hours the seller's account that I bought from no longer existed. No doubt they opened up, or already have an alias account.

In my opinion, Aliexpress is rife with scammers and you'd save yourself some headaches buying elsewhere.

I buy cheap sh*t off of Aliexpress all the time. Shipping really depends on the seller and whether you pay for it or not. Shipping is usually 4-7 weeks for all my stuff.

I actually just had my first 'no show' item. Bought some pens for marking tires at like $0.79/piece, and never received them. Emailed the company who told me to wait longer, then Aliexpress stepped in and forced a refund. Can't complain really.

i ordered visors i couldn't find on ebay, from a one time transaction, no issues

Pro tip: go on alibaba.com instead, contact the supplier directly and ask for a sample. They'll probably charge you close to the Aliexpress price but they might be willing to throw in free express shipping if they think you're interested in making a bulk order. Which you're not, but whatevs.

Although I didn't buy fairings there, I personally don't trust Aliexpress. Their guarantees aren't worth the screen space they are written on.

Stupid me... I bought a steering stabilizer from aliexpress. A Scott's clone. The thing took two months to arrive and the valving on it does nothing. Highest setting or lowest, the control knob makes absolutely no difference in the pressure to move the arm, which is light.

I opened a ticket -- their resolution was for me to send them video of it not functioning. How am I supposed to do that? I suppose I could have bought a newton scale or something and made a video showing the same force moved the arm no matter the settings... but I am not going to spend more money on tools I don't need just to deal with a defective product.

Their next idea was to send it back at my cost... which would have been upwards of $40 for a tracked parcel to China -- so just not worth it on a $100 item.

Finally my dispute was closed and I was ruled against. So I left a negative review of this item and within hours the seller's account that I bought from no longer existed. No doubt they opened up, or already have an alias account.

In my opinion, Aliexpress is rife with scammers and you'd save yourself some headaches buying elsewhere.
You gotta know what you can and can't buy...you bought a knock off scotts for cheap and got a cheap scotts knock off.

You gotta know what you can and can't buy...you bought a knock off scotts for cheap and got a cheap scotts knock off.

Yep, it was stupid and a waste of money on my part. I did, however, also learn that the aliexpress 'guarantees' posted all over their front page aren't worth anything... so now I relate my story to anyone who will listen and will only buy from a place that I can return goods... meaning Amazon, a brick-and-mortar, or directly from the manufacturer -- which is what I should have done in the first place and would have done if it wasn't for our crap dollar making American goods too damned expensive.

300 is peanuts, so where do you recomend.

Shipping is not cheap. If you still think thats worth it, then go for it. Aliexpress has more risk than ebay. Rather use ebay instead for 10% higher in price..

FYI, your bike is worth no more than $1500 as is

Yep, it was stupid and a waste of money on my part. I did, however, also learn that the aliexpress 'guarantees' posted all over their front page aren't worth anything... so now I relate my story to anyone who will listen and will only buy from a place that I can return goods... meaning Amazon, a brick-and-mortar, or directly from the manufacturer -- which is what I should have done in the first place and would have done if it wasn't for our crap dollar making American goods too damned expensive.
Ehh, I've got lots if refunds for non functional, wrong size, late, etc. On alixpress but yeah an item like that would be tough to prove it not working correctly but in most cases on there you get what you pay for.

It's a massive marketplace and the few scammers are mixed in with those selling decent items. Got to do your due diligence for a purchase from there. I buy replica soccer shirts a lot from there as presents etc and never had an issue. One piece of advice, use a trash email or you'll be sent a ton of "hello my friend, are you interested in bulk purchase of 1000 Chinese dildo" messages etc.

300 is peanuts, so where do you recomend.

extremefairings.com Never had a fit issue but long term the paint doesn't stand up to OEM standards and is a bit more prone to stone chips. Other than that for the price of just the OEM side fairings you get a full set of all plastics.

It's a massive marketplace and the few scammers are mixed in with those selling decent items. Got to do your due diligence for a purchase from there. I buy replica soccer shirts a lot from there as presents etc and never had an issue. One piece of advice, use a trash email or you'll be sent a ton of "hello my friend, are you interested in bulk purchase of 1000 Chinese dildo" messages etc.

I don't know what sort of 'due diligence' I could have done. The seller had thousands of positive reviews with a 95%+ approval.

I also somewhat thought Aliexpress would stand by their buyer protection program, however I was not even given a partial refund... I was only allowed to keep the faulty item or return it at my cost. Anyway, the seller deleted the account I bought from and no doubt is selling under a different name.

9uNL4XD.png

Thats cool, Cool. Want to buy it? Will make a great track bike, good bones!

Last edited:
I regularly shop on AliExpress and have for years. I tend to buy items there that are identical to items I can find on ebay or amazon from local based distributors that would ship from within North America, but would also charge hefty amounts for shipping when the AE seller would ship for free, and without any additional import costs tacked on top of the shipping from the US. When I factored in the additional shipping and import costs, the price at AE was between 25-50% the price of the same item from a US based supplier with shipping and import, or from a Canadian supplier with shipping and taxes. I have never ever had to pay additional import/brokerage/taxes on any order from AE.

I probably have around 100 purchases by now on AE. Of the 100, I only ever had a problem with 3. Of the 3, one was the purchase of a chain brush. A few days after I ordered it, AE alerted me that the seller could not provide proof the item was shipped, and automatically cancelled the order and refunded me the total price. Of the other 2, one item was not as high quality as advertised in my opinion, and in the other, the item was scratched. For the item of low quality compared to advertised, seller offered a 50% refund, which I accepted. For the item that was scratched the seller resent an identical item without any scratches at no additional cost to me.

In my experience, I have had a far higher percentage of negative transactions with ebay purchases than AE.

Interesting. Good to know. All the negatives sometimes come from uninformed sources. I have US addreses that can be used, so shipping does not concern me.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom