Yamaha R6 - M2 License | GTAMotorcycle.com

Yamaha R6 - M2 License

Gill80

Hello everyone,

Im a new rider looking to Insure my R6 but have no idea where to start.

I have my M2 course completed, just need to wait the 60 days to pickup my M2.

Anyone have any ideas where I should start?

Thank you all!

If you are over 30 then for sure give Mathew from All-State a call.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Yer probably going to pay as much for yearly insurance as you paid for the bike. Well at least a few grand any ways. Did you just buy it? Always a mistake to buy before checking ins. cost.

If you have lots of money, then insure the bike, ride it and enjoy it. The insurance will be very expensive for someone your age. I know its a tough pill to swallow. Your realistic chance to ride legally would be selling the r6 and buying a smaller bike. You could also sit on your M2 until you are 25 and then pick up the r6. Insurance savings themselves should pay a good chunk for the bike.

21, new rider, already bought a R6 and is looking for insurance info....

Hold on, I'm getting the popcorn...

I'm turning 25 next year and been riding for 2 years now. I know for me, my insurance for any super sport will still be above 4-5k if I'm lucky lol

Why does no one ever bother to get quotes BEFORE buying the bike?

I would try Aviva though. They seem very competitive lately.

Try TD Insurance/Meloche Monnex.

People don't know how expensive bikes are to insure, particularly amongst the younger crowd, that's why.

Either that, or some idiot salesperson who sold a 16 year old a litre SS said it was a "Great starter bike", and the buyer took that at face value. It's happened, seen stories of it right here.

I say the same thing. Back when I was still debating the pros and cons to getting my license and a bike, a few of the key factors were bike cost, insurance cost, and gear cost. Once I found out all those were doable (on a CBR250RA at 29), I went ahead.

I checked with Meloche. To put me on insurance, which is cheap. It' still $1,990 or so, for a 1000cc bike.
That's with all the discounts I get.

Insurance rates for new young riders are totally unreasonable. No wonder I see so many bikes without license plates. Police can't do anything, they just can't catch these bikes, they're so fast. When will someone stop insurance companies from robing good people?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ask myself this all the time. I know 10 people on the top of my head who want to get into motorcycling but don't because of the ridiculous insurance rates. They have the itch for a year or two and never pull the trigger and never turn back. Lost money for insurance companies. Makes me wonder if everyone payed a flat rate of $1000/year for full coverage on any bike how much money these companies will still make, lots more riders would appear

Insurance rates for new young riders are totally unreasonable. No wonder I see so many bikes without license plates. Police can't do anything, they just can't catch these bikes, they're so fast. When will someone stop insurance companies from robing good people?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Won't happen until laws change and young riders can't hop on a SS bike from the get-go.

Arguably if licensing remained the same, and insurance was cheaper, you'd have even more jumping on a 100hp bike and crashing it within their first year of riding. Also, anyone who knows the risks that come with riding without insurance and does so anyway needs their head examined, or they are an active competitor for the Darwin Award.

I ask myself this all the time. I know 10 people on the top of my head who want to get into motorcycling but don't because of the ridiculous insurance rates. They have the itch for a year or two and never pull the trigger and never turn back. Lost money for insurance companies. Makes me wonder if everyone payed a flat rate of $1000/year for full coverage on any bike how much money these companies will still make, lots more riders would appear

How old are your friends and what bikes are they trying to get. If they are around 25 and looking at a 250, rates shouldn't be unreasonable, even if they live downtown or in Brampton. Of course, this also only applies if they have a clean record (no tickets and no at fault claims) of course.

Also don't kid yourself...insurance companies are anything but stupid when it comes to money. They set rates on what profits they wish to make, and sure if they lowered rates to $1000 or less they might get your 10 friends...but each might cost them $1,000,000 from putting a CBR1000RR into a wall.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom