Dual Headlight Mod - 12 CBR600RR | GTAMotorcycle.com

Dual Headlight Mod - 12 CBR600RR

I have the Tripage unit and it works well when it works. There was some build quality issue with the one I was shipped--bad solder job on one of the wires--but it was an easy fix for me. The unit also has an in-line fuse holder which melted on me. I don't know if this was due to an electrical problem or because of its proximity to the radiator but it was also a pretty simple fix. The unit has a little dial on it so that you can change the intensity of the "high beam" to better match your low beam.

There is also a discussion at 600rr.net about DIY solutions. I have a schematic plan posted there but never ended up building it because I got the Tripage unit.

Just FYI ... Gizmos like this can not work correctly because they don't change the optics. The difference between low and high beam isn't just the brightness, it's the beam pattern, which is determined by the (different) optics of the reflector between the low-beam and high-beam lamp housings. A high beam bulb operated at a reduced voltage (which is what this gizmo will do) will still broadcast the incorrect (high beam) beam pattern - too much light above the cutoff line. Not as bad as having high beam on, but still not correct.

This is true. However, in reality it's not bad at all if you dial it down to around half brightness. It's much better than looking at HIDs--even properly aimed ones. No one has complained about my lights yet.

Back
Top Bottom