Any companies insure bikes that aren't ridden on the street (comprehensive only)? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any companies insure bikes that aren't ridden on the street (comprehensive only)?

Relax

State Farm used to insure bikes for comprehensive only, but no longer with the changeover. Are there any other companies that can do this? I want to insure my track and project bikes from theft or fire.

Thanks. So in other words, no. How the heck do collectors insure their collection then, or are they just taking a big risk?

Hi Relaxo,

There is specialty insurance for that type of risk and you must qualify. Most collectors insure them as collectors items or antiques. If you are insuring something like a show car, there is also coverage for that with some specialty carriers, but once again they would have to abide by some rules, as they would not be able to be daily driven. They are fully covered, but the coverage is different, they aren't allowed to drive them as daily cars as well as some other rules that they have to abide by.

Hi Relaxo,

There is specialty insurance for that type of risk and you must qualify. Most collectors insure them as collectors items or antiques. If you are insuring something like a show car, there is also coverage for that with some specialty carriers, but once again they would have to abide by some rules, as they would not be able to be daily driven. They are fully covered, but the coverage is different, they aren't allowed to drive them as daily cars as well as some other rules that they have to abide by.

Could you shoot me a message as well please?

For reference, I'm leaving the country for at least a year and would like to have my bike insured. My current company indicated they require me to have liability insurance at all times. So basically they are encouraging me to either not insure my bike or pay as if I was going to ride it. (which is difficult from 10K Miles away).

Back
Top Bottom