Old injuries, aches and pains of riding ....first aid stuff .etc | GTAMotorcycle.com

Old injuries, aches and pains of riding ....first aid stuff .etc

MacDoc

Site Supporter
Just got my steroid shot for my damaged shoulder and man is it a fast treat. Feels normal again for a while. Amazing stuff....can see how athletes get into it. Oral steroids are incredible...had them for my cancer treatment......
I get a small "all body" reaction from the shot ....so I'm bouncy and energetic for a day.

My riding kit consists of decongestants.
( pseudoephridine which also is a nice energy bost )

Celebrex....an absolute must once a day for old bones.

Extra strenght headache acetaminophen with caffeine - 2 c 500 mg when needed.
Extra strength without caffiene if I'm achy but need to sleep.

Statins.. just because doc wants them.

Migraine nuclear option - lucklly very rarely needed ..$100 a prescription it's gotta be bad to pull the trigger.

I take some polysporin along but really zilch in first aid. Likely should.

What's in your travelling medicine chest.

cower-gulch-wagon.jpg

Last edited:
General 3 day first aid kit from MEC. Comes in a waterproof pack. Plus one bottle of ibuprofen.....or vitamin "I" plus a bottle of MonkeyButt or similar.

The vitamin I is also handy in the morning for overindulging after a long ride.

I have a first aid kit under the seat. Includes tire repair strings and zip ties, tie downs and elec. tape....no pills though.

I typically don't have any meds with me when I ride. I do like the idea of a small first aid kit for minor injuries ( minor cuts etc ) sadly have so little room under my pillion seat I would have to plan wisely..

But a good topic and one I should put more thought into.

The only medicine I carry is bottled water with a squirt of apple cider vinegar to help moderate blood sugar. In the grooming dept. I can't travel without my SUNSTAR flossers.

MEC first aid kit, bottled water and floss pod. Don't need the drugs yet and haven't been wandering too far as of late.

@MacDoc I had the exact opposite result when I got my shoulder injection. Actually felt like I went back a few months as far as rehab.
I always carry wipes, advil and Tylenol.

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

I've been first aid trained since I was 12, so I always carry a first aid kit complete with adhesive and triangle bandages, sterile gauze, gloves, antiseptics, pocket mask, and emergency blanket. There's probably some other stuff I'd added over time too that isn't coming to mind. Not much in the way of pills, just Advil.

I've been first aid trained since I was 12, so I always carry a first aid kit complete with adhesive and triangle bandages, sterile gauze, gloves, antiseptics, pocket mask, and emergency blanket. There's probably some other stuff I'd added over time too that isn't coming to mind. Not much in the way of pills, just Advil.

How about 80 mg chewable aspirin for suspected heart attack.(2ea) After asking are they allergic to aspirin. Medical Alert. Did Ski Patrol for many years and always came in handy.
The Advil is for yourself?

Basic bandages to hold together wounds and Polysporin to cure the wounds (I Swear by the stuff).

How about 80 mg chewable aspirin for suspected heart attack.(2ea) After asking are they allergic to aspirin. Medical Alert. Did Ski Patrol for many years and always came in handy.
The Advil is for yourself?

Solid advice and I did carry Asprin for a while, but i find that pills in general get really beat up on the bike and eventually turn into a container of powder. The Advil was for myself, and only a tiny container that I bought on the road to deal with weather related headaches last summer. Wouldn't be surprised if they were destroyed by now too.

Back
Top Bottom