Accident Claim with liability coverage only | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Accident Claim with liability coverage only

Usually they send you a cheque or $ transfer unless you specifically tell them to send it to a shop.

In my collision two years ago the insurer sent the cheqque to the dealer, but it was in my name, I attended dealer and signed it for them. This time when bike was written off insurer did an email money transfer, and money was in my account in less than 4 hours. To the OP, from the list you provided, the bike will be a write off. when mine was recenty written off it was ALL cosmetic damage. I asked adjuster if because it was a write off would that mean it was branded and couldn't be roadworthy again. He advised that if shop advises them of ANY frame damage they brand it if no frame damage it is not branded. Keep in mind the dealer will be charging storage fees while bike sits there waiting for insurer to release it. My bike was at delaership for well over a month at $60 per day

But if they make you a decent offer for it then take it and walk away and get another bike, sounds like it was a pretty significant hit, there might be other stuff your not seeing. Secondly, insurer isn't going to give you a crqap load of money then sell it to you for nothing, so you can fix it and sell it and make a crap load of money. As for selling it "as is" anyone whop sees that level of damage will offer you likely a LOT less than you seem to think it is worth. If the bent sub frame doesn't disuade them, they know they are still looking at a LOT of money to fix it, to make it look decent. Unless they want it just for track. Even then there would be more than a couple of parts to replace.

You can see over a season more than a few crashed bikes for sale "as is' and they just sit on listing sites as owners think if they knock $1000 off a used bike people will jump on that great deal, when the bike needs $2,000 in fairings, plus, plus, plus...lol

Last edited:
In my collision two years ago the insurer sent the cheqque to the dealer, but it was in my name, I attended dealer and signed it for them. This time when bike was written off insurer did an email money transfer, and money was in my account in less than 4 hours. To the OP, from the list you provided, the bike will be a write off. when mine was recenty written off it was ALL cosmetic damage. I asked adjuster if because it was a write off would that mean it was branded and couldn't be roadworthy again. He advised that if shop advises them of ANY frame damage they brand it if no frame damage it is not branded. Keep in mind the dealer will be charging storage fees while bike sits there waiting for insurer to release it. My bike was at delaership for well over a month at $60 per day

But if they make you a decent offer for it then take it and walk away and get another bike, sounds like it was a pretty significant hit, there might be other stuff your not seeing. Secondly, insurer isn't going to give you a crqap load of money then sell it to you for nothing, so you can fix it and sell it and make a crap load of money. As for selling it "as is" anyone whop sees that level of damage will offer you likely a LOT less than you seem to think it is worth. If the bent sub frame doesn't disuade them, they know they are still looking at a LOT of money to fix it, to make it look decent. Unless they want it just for track. Even then there would be more than a couple of parts to replace.

You can see over a season more than a few crashed bikes for sale "as is' and they just sit on listing sites as owners think if they knock $1000 off a used bike people will jump on that great deal, when the bike needs $2,000 in fairings, plus, plus, plus...lol

So apparently I had some endorsement on my policy that limits max payout to 5k [really how much they are going for on kijiji anyway]. The bike was branded "none" so it's still street legal. I bought it back for $500. If I was to repair it I can get all the parts for about 600-700 [including complete tail section..thanks to ebay] minus the scratches are left on the fairings.

You cannot cancel your claim, as you have already filed it.
I've cancelled a claim after filing it before. It was for a car accident but I'd assume it would be the same. Although it was 8 years ago.

I've cancelled a claim after filing it before. It was for a car accident but I'd assume it would be the same. Although it was 8 years ago.
Not anymore. Tried with mine. Once it's started it can't be undone.

You never cancel a claim already underway...you can just decide to not pursue it. It still shows on at least your current insurers record, and if there was a charge attached to said claim it'll show on your autoplus as well.

Back
Top Bottom