Any offroading course in the GTA??? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any offroading course in the GTA???

eevveess

Anyone know of any places that that have dirt bike and gears rental for offroading? Or know of any places offering offroading courses?

I've done the Smart Adventure tour its pretty fun. About $250 will get you 6 hours or so on a dual sport. Now they have BMW's as well so prices may be higher. Its a great learning experience but if you're an experienced rider let them know so they can group you accordingly.

You get 30 mins or so to dick around on their mini track in their lot before heading off into the woods. My buddies who had never ridden a bike got enough confidence in there to head off into the trails. I stuck with them for an hour or so to get some video but then went off with the advanced guys. They take you on some pretty fun trails and single track.

I did trailtours and loved it. Had not dirt biking experience. Was with 2 of my buddies, one who'd never been on a bike and another one who grew up on dirtbikes, we all had a blast.

I did trailtours and loved it. Had not dirt biking experience. Was with 2 of my buddies, one who'd never been on a bike and another one who grew up on dirtbikes, we all had a blast.

Are you allowed out on your own at trailtours or with is it always with a guide?

Are you allowed out on your own at trailtours or with is it always with a guide?

Given how massive the Ganaraska is, I'd assume for liability reasons you'd always need a guide if you're using their equipment.

Always with a guide.

It was actually useful that we were in a group, one of the guys got a flat...that i spotted, so the guide rode back on the flattened bike and the student rode on the other bike.

Otherwise, itd be a matter of getting your ganny pass + dirtbike lol

Thanks for all the info guys.

I've never ridden a dirt bike before. I did Gymkhana on the Grom at Honda last year and only ride sport and naked bikes.
I always have interest in off-roading. It seems like a cool different thrill and maybe safer and less costly than going on the track.

I would not say safer, you can get hurt at either venue. It's probably less likely in the dirt though. Most falls are at slower speeds obviously (and dirt bikes are built to be durable, so you usually pick them up and just keep going), but stuff can happen. Definitely less costly ... fuel, tires, entry fee (for place like Ganaraska).

Trail Tours is the best!!!! Have been in the business the longest and provide everything from gear to bikes and guides. You can't have more fun it really is awesome.
You have to ride with a guide but they offer all levels of training and types of trails and challenges.
If you book a weekday ride you might be in a small group (sometimes 2:1 ratio of riders to a guide for a very personal and tailored ride/experience).

http://trailtours.ca/

To be honest, i was amazed at how quick you learn.

30m-1h to of training (or more if needed) and then they just test you on a single track!? It was actually more intimidating than it was hard.

Those bikes are magical, they just do it for ya :)

Thanks for all the tips guys.
I went to Smart Adventures for a 2 hour session. They gave me a 230cc. It was so much fun and I got super exhausted. Gonna try Trailtours soon.
attachment.php

Attachments

• 13516731_10154321414393420_2944943729934162999_n.jpg
    13516731_10154321414393420_2944943729934162999_n.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 99

Back
Top Bottom