gas tank dented & scratch | GTAMotorcycle.com

gas tank dented & scratch

JollyGreenGiant

A friend of mine just had his bike for 2 weeks, parked in his driveways and somehow tipped & fell over on the side, his bike is a 2016 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R 636. It's lightly dented & scratched up near the "Ninja" decal on the gas tank. I understand he can get tank sliders to cover it up, but he wants to fix it in general.

Does anyone know a good body shop in the GTA that can fix it for a reasonable price?

please help & thank you

A friend of mine just had his bike for 2 weeks, parked in his driveways and somehow tipped & fell over on the side, his bike is a 2016 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R 636. It's lightly dented & scratched up near the "Ninja" decal on the gas tank. I understand he can get tank sliders to cover it up, but he wants to fix it in general.

Does anyone know a good body shop in the GTA that can fix it for a reasonable price?

please help & thank you

Hey could use a recommendation too. . . I feel your bud's pain. . . just a month after having mine painted, was putting in new fork springs, ratchet slipped, end of the handle swung (didnt' think too hard) into the tank, left a small dent the size of half a dime. No paint crack/chip/scratch so was hoping it could be done without paint or anything. . .

will watch for results

Before starting a repair, what is your gas tank made from?
I have never seen an attempted repair of an aluminum tank that didn't end up worse than it started.
Attempts to fix the dent often result in a leak forming down the road.
If it's aluminum, take steps to hide the dent, but don't try to fix it if its not already leaking.
This is my personal observation based on several incidents involving myself and others.
You may get lucky and find someone who knows what they're doing.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom