Sidecar Ride? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Sidecar Ride?

mrsbrill

Hi there,
My dad has always been an avid rider, but is now blind. My mom is looking for the opportunity to have him feel that feeling again and is looking for the "experience" for him to be able to ride (with a professional) in a side car. Have any of you heard of such an experience? Any tips about where I might be able to start looking? Thank you!

Are you looking for a track or street? Do you care what kind of rig (eg. bmw, ural, harley trike, etc). Some members here have sidecar rigs and although they are not professionals, I expect one of them may step up and take him for a spin.

A side car that operates the controls (steering, throttle, brakes, gears etc) so a blind person can ride on the bike?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A side car that operates the controls (steering, throttle, brakes, gears etc) so a blind person can ride on the bike?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A guy in the GTA built one but I think he cut it up again to make his next project. He works for Magna during the day and builds absolutely ridiculously awesome vehicles at night. People did doubletakes when they saw a riderless bike go by.

A lot of the sidecar rigs I see are Urals. They might have a forum for the cantankerous machines.

If your dad is still physically good, there's no reason he can't hop on the back. No need for a sidecar specifically. I used to take my friends blind son on rides all the time.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom