My bike is up for sale. Just got these emails. Possible scam? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

My bike is up for sale. Just got these emails. Possible scam?

Somebody should have some fun & post it up for our amusement

Buckle up... Got a new one! Same exact initial e-mail. I responded with a real response in case it is actually a real person and buyer.

Buckle up... Got a new one! Same exact initial e-mail. I responded with a real response in case it is actually a real person and buyer.

Nigerian-Prince-ee88ad3.jpg

not a scam ..

<sarcasm> send me your paypal and will pay you the asking price + shipping. can you send it to me? </sarcasm>

had the same thing .. that a$5 f@k asked me to ship 2 sofas to california - i told him i am under age and do not have paypal

I get the exact same one coming through auto trader, word for word. Actually, come to think of it, I've only ever gotten scams from my auto trader ad.

Last edited:
I played into a scam a couple months ago when selling my truck. I knew what it was from the get go, as I've sold a lot of stuff online. After about 40 emails back and forth I toll them to f*** off lol.

I managed to get them from my ad price of 50,000 CAD up to 130,000 US! Haha

Then I told them it was tradition in my family to give a struddle to the other person in every business transaction. They got frustrated when I kept going back to the struddle thing, and finally told me lol! I got a good laugh out of it.

They don't want your vehicle, they'll ask you right before they "send the money" if you can send them like $2000 for the transporter and they'll pay you back with Interest. Obviously you'd never hear from them after you send the 2k.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I played into a scam a couple months ago when selling my truck. I knew what it was from the get go, as I've sold a lot of stuff online. After about 40 emails back and forth I toll them to f*** off lol.

I managed to get them from my ad price of 50,000 CAD up to 130,000 US! Haha

Then I told them it was tradition in my family to give a struddle to the other person in every business transaction. They got frustrated when I kept going back to the struddle thing, and finally told me lol! I got a good laugh out of it.

They don't want your vehicle, they'll ask you right before they "send the money" if you can send them like $2000 for the transporter and they'll pay you back with Interest. Obviously you'd never hear from them after you send the 2k.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Or they will tell you the cheque will come from an insurance settlement but is over the sell price. Just send the excess to them because insurance company cheques are as good as gold.

They aren't. They get forged and counterfeited.

Responses are getting more... er... interesting. Got a buyer who wants me to bring it up to Muskoka. I am in the middle of another fight with a bot and my e-mail. I have a feeling I will spend another season with the old girl and look at something different next season.

Muskoka is a nice ride. Tell him to send you a $100 deposit if he's serious, commit to driving you home, and entertain it. If delivering it an hour north is all that's required to actually sell it, jump on it.

If he welches when you arrive, you've got his $100. Ride home, enjoy scenery, fill tank and still have $85 in pocket.

Sell a bike with online advertising and expect this every time. Meet in person, cash in hand. No exceptions

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Responses are getting more... er... interesting. Got a buyer who wants me to bring it up to Muskoka. I am in the middle of another fight with a bot and my e-mail. I have a feeling I will spend another season with the old girl and look at something different next season.
I hope it's not like a case of tim bosma

Well I just listed my VFR750 this morning on Kijiji & within minutes had a response form "an oil worker" wanting the bike & to send him my Paypal details & he'll pay & set up his agent to come & get the bike.
Hmmmmm, I don't think so BUT the reply is very well worded asking if the pictures are present condition, am I the first owner (unlikely on a 26 yesr old bike) etc

Meet in person, cash in hand as someone above said.

Last edited:
Went through this exact thing when selling one of my bikes a few weeks ago. I got the same emails. Some people are getting pretty creative for sure.

I actually received text messages from local area code numbers as well, so be weary of those too! I've never seen that before but they are now using local phone #'s and then they try to move the conversation over to email. Obviously that was the red flag because that makes no sense.. haha. But i looked it up and sure enough many people are experiencing the texts now which try to move the conversation to email then the whole paypal thing ensues...

So just a heads up on that, apparently even though kijiji blocks out a good portion of your phone number when you include it in the ad they can still easily get it. So just go through email, and only give serious people your #.

Back
Top Bottom