Newfie checking in | GTAMotorcycle.com

Newfie checking in

Carver

Hey y'all. I recently joined the main land and have put roots down in Ontario now. Friend of mine pointed me towards GTAM so here I am!

Seems like a pretty lively forum so I'm happy to be part of it.

Thanks

Welcome but why would someone come from the beautiful province of newfoundland to this dump.

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum bye/by/buy/boy! How the hell do you spell it in Newfinese?

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

Welcome but why would someone come from the beautiful province of newfoundland to this dump.

I guess growing up as an islander I've always wondered what life was like in other places. My sister moved here in the mid 90's "with a guy she met from Ontario" and even tho she claims to miss "home" she never did move back when given the choice. If nothing else it's an experience for myself.

The grass is always greener as they say.

Welcome!
Wheelie.gif

What part of the rock?

It's beuatiful for about 2-3 weeks, then you're done/seen everything there is. Unless your idea of fun is sittin' in the cabin with a 24 every night sippin' from that Fort Mac money until it's time to head back up for work, you're not gonna have a good time.

Don't get me wrong. It's a great place, most people are friendly (at least a bit.) But its boring/repetitive. Until last Christmas I hadn't been back home in 7 years; and only then was it to see my grandparents who aren't doing too well. I did spend some time with other family, had a few good drunks on, but nearing the 2 weeks mark I was ready to come back up to Ontario.

Money also isn't good down there. Jobs are hard to find and far away.

usually b'ye, and welcome to the forum

Back
Top Bottom