M2 / G1 Licensing Question | GTAMotorcycle.com

M2 / G1 Licensing Question

arnabmajumdar

Hi everyone, thanks so much for answering this in advance.

I actually went ahead and got an M2 before a regular drivers license. Now I'm also looking to get a drivers license.

Does anyone know if an M2 automatically equates to an G1 and if so how to do a "transfer"?

Thanks so much in advance!

When you got your M1, it was really a G1M1, given you did the car and motorcycle tests together (they do it the same way even if you already have your G1/G2/G). This should mean you have 5 years from that date to take the G2 road test and get that license, then 5 more years to get full G. Also if memory serves, there is a 2 year waiting period before you can go G1 -> G2.

When you got your M1, it was really a G1M1, given you did the car and motorcycle tests together (they do it the same way even if you already have your G1/G2/G).

Does it say G1 on your licence? It's true there are certain (and I'm being vague because I don't want to provide incorrect information) things that you are permitted to do, but it doesn't mean you have that class of licence. For example, I've heard that M2 can be used to operate a car UNDER G1 restrictions - i.e. with a licensed driver. That would be consistent with the comment above, since you have done the same test. One, I haven't been able to verify that, and two, it doesn't mean you gave a G1 licence.

Back
Top Bottom