LEDs and stock relay | GTAMotorcycle.com

LEDs and stock relay

Oppoe

I'm putting led front turn signals and an integrated led tail on my bike and I know once you change your lights to led on a stock relay it will flash fast. My question is if I change both front signals and taillight to leds but still have a stock relay will they both flash fast at the same rate?

Change the relay also

Changes flash rate

Right but is there any cons to leaving it flash fast? I seen some videos on the tubes and I kind of like it flickering quick

The disadvantage is that a hyperfast flashing rate is not what other drivers expect a turn signal to look like.

You could also open your relay and look for a timing chip like the one pictured bellow. Disconnecting the pin shown (use the notch in the top of the chip for reference) cutting or desoldering will allow for LED's with the stock flash rate. I've done this on 4 bikes, be advised that though this is the most common signal flasher type, not all bikes have this sort of flasher setup and this may not apply; but a free alternative to try none the less

rbjtjt.jpg

Right but is there any cons to leaving it flash fast? I seen some videos on the tubes and I kind of like it flickering quick
Then why did you start a thread in the first place? What's the problem?

Back
Top Bottom