June 10th weekend ...keep a weather eye out ....nasty lurking | GTAMotorcycle.com

June 10th weekend ...keep a weather eye out ....nasty lurking

MacDoc

Site Supporter
Ripe conditions for severe weekend weather in Ontario
Friday, June 10, 2016, 8:36 AM - After temperatures plunged to below seasonal values this week, get ready for another hot and humid weekend in southern Ontario. Forecasters are also keeping an eye on potentially severe storms.
Thunderstorms are possible across northwestern Ontario Friday as energy from the Prairies continues to push east. Damaging winds and large hail are the biggest threats with these storms.

thumb

According to Weather Network meteorologist Dr. Doug Gillham, the weekend forecast in southern Ontario is a bit more difficult to communicate. There's a risk for thunderstorms Friday night into Saturday morning and a threat for scattered strong storms late in the day on Saturday.

"But there's also the potential for a large part of Saturday to be rain free with some sun mixed in," Gillham says.

Areas south of the boundary will be hot and humid with humidex values of 35-40 expected in areas like Windsor.

"There's a large range in model forecasts for high temperatures in the GTA on Saturday, but it looks more likely that much of the GTA will be rather summer-like for several hours, likely much nicer than most people are expecting," says Gillham.

Saturday's severe weather threat

"Depending on how the morning rain and thunderstorms clear out of southern Ontario Saturday and how quickly the atmosphere can recover and regain energy, we could be looking at a risk of severe storms including a small risk for tornadoes in southwestern Ontario," adds Dayna Vettese, another meteorologist at The Weather Network.

I'd not be fooling with this.

I love hot & humid. Girls in tank tops & booty shorts. Gets the juices flowing

All last week when the weather was hot we had "risk of a thunderstorm" in every days forecast.
I believe it happened once.
There's nothing worse than anticipating rain and not riding and then no rain happens.

People still get weather news from "The Weather Network"? I thought that website was for natural animal fights, picture contests and whatever click-bait they can find.

Stay dry and safe this weekend everybody!

I always ride anyway ...I tried to get wet to test some gloves but I could see cells around me ....

This one tho needs to be kept an eye on ......tho I cannot see on the NWS radar where the front is unless it's way west at Thunderbay - yeah guess that's it...rocketing along right quick and very narrow which means a steep temperature gradient.

http://radar.weather.gov/ridge/Conus/full_loop.php

that is moving very fast

I'd not want to get hit with these even stopped

CH53HA4UEAA036e.jpg

NW Regina last year in June

Last edited:
I have no idea where that is

I have no idea where that is

Does this help?

storms.jpg

I'm usually one of the "yeah yeah, another freakout about nothing" type people when it comes to weather warnings...but this one has my attention. It could blow out as it crosses the lakes and southern Ontario as commonly happens, but given the wild temperature swings accompanying it there's a very good chance it's going to maintain it's strength.

Edit: I just watched the last 8 hour animated radar, these storms started out over Minnesota and have done nothing except get stronger and stronger as they've headed east.

This is indeed one to keep an eye on tomorrow. I'm going to go out to the pool deck now and batten down the hatches, actually.

Last edited:
Last edited:
much ado about nothing - enjoy the weekend - mind the heat. 31 this aft we are told.

Last edited:
much ado about nothing - enjoy the weekend

I heard the storms come through, woke up me at least once, but just some thunder and rain - looks like the storm line did indeed fall apart at some point through the night.

Today is actually looking decent now, sunny hot and humid. Closing up the house to turn on the central air, I can't sleep in the pea soup stuff. ;)

Just got back from a little early morning jaunt. Temps were perfect and roads were already relatively dry.

Edit: 11 am, some nasty clouds North of me. Might get a few showers. (Mind you, I am not a meteorologist, nor do I understand wtf those images you guys post mean)
Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

Last edited:
It's Sunday at 11 AM.
No rain, none forecast.

The issue was for yesterday. The storms did arrive, they just arrived much earlier than anticipated and with much less force since they did indeed fall apart as the crossed the great lakes.

But man did the wind arrive ....coming off Georgian Bay it's chilly and powerful...up to 55kph - tricky in slow moving traffic with the gusts....much paddling.

Gonna be nice cruising home tho :D

Back
Top Bottom