Anyone having problems selling a bike? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone having problems selling a bike?

7k trade is the same as 8 private take it and run.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Pretty sure MSRP was more than 11g's in 2011. My point was that PDI and taxes are on the purchaser, so don't expect to recoup those costs.

Note I said in 2012....by then it was a year old and coulda bought easily for that off a dealer.

The bike is just a little above well priced at the 8800 (not the 9500 you asked originally)
It seems well maintained (just from the pics)
It is 20000 km so that is your biggest down fault - people think that 20k on a bike is a lot :rolleyes:

SO If you are willing to accept close to 8k, you just need to wait for the right buyer, it will sell.

I also think you should do the trade in, do the math and your answer will be there if in fact the dealer is going to give you 7k - I don't believe anything they say until the cash is in hand or the papers signed.

Your other option is to remove those extra (mods) that are included and sell them separately and lower the price of the bike, that has always worked for me. People's buying decisions are more focused on the final price of the bike, and not the mods included.

Now Neil V's bike seems very well priced at 6k and 7+km less than yours, I would buy his if I was looking for a street triple... which I am not... ewww lol

Last edited:
Strip the mods off the bike and sell them separately.

Use the base bike for trade in on new. Apply the tax credit to the new bike & avoid the hassles of private sales. In my experience the dealer won't give you anything for the mods, but also won't lower the trade in value if the mods aren't there.

Add ons and modifications rarely add to the value of the bike.
The reason is simple. You think they look great but a potential buyer doesn't.

Same here, not one legit offer. Not even a low ball offer!!

not even lowball?
Is your email working properly? check your spam folders?

Email's working because some trade inquiries are going through and getting responses. Just not one legit offer. The usual scams asking to ship to some foreign country because they are on a ship of some sorts....those never fail to come in each time I update the ad.

I will try the patience game and have the 20,000 km service performed and continue to ride it for the time being. Having owned HD's, Hondas, Suzukis, and BMWs, I've never ridden anything as impressive as the Speed Triple. Such an impressive machine in all aspects.

I think I'll leave the price as is for now and wait for the ideal buyer. I am sure it's unique nature will eventually be recognized by the right person.

Back
Top Bottom