Anyone here? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone here?

Blackfin

Site Supporter
Great use of police services; speed traps at 1:30am on a 4 lane relatively empty highway

Great use of police services; speed traps at 1:30am on a 4 lane relatively empty highway

I agree. Probably doubling up and looking for drunk drivers at the same time.

Yeah, how dare the police enforce the laws at 1:30 in the morning, bro. :rolleyes:

Do the same at 3-4am on the linc/redhill in Hamilton, and believe me, it's a ghost town at that time. Makes for great headlines, get all the nannies who'd never ever be on the road that late in an uproar... Heard Homicides are on record pace this year. Maybe they could be out actually saving people :rolleyes:

200? That's only 50 over 50 over. Some people need to chill the **** out.

Do the same at 3-4am on the linc/redhill in Hamilton, and believe me, it's a ghost town at that time. Makes for great headlines, get all the nannies who'd never ever be on the road that late in an uproar...

It's unfortunate, I see OPP quite often doing these traps at 2-3am on the 403 and 401 near Brantford and Woodstock. I feel like it'd be better if they spent their time patrolling looking for drunk drivers, cell phone drivers, speeders etc.

Heard Homicides are on record pace this year. Maybe they could be out actually saving people :rolleyes:

They've tried, but they end up running away from criminals

[video=youtube;PfLmeSf7Adc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfLmeSf7Adc[/video]

Maybe it's better they stick to speed traps on empty roads in the middle of the night.

It's unfortunate, I see OPP quite often doing these traps at 2-3am on the 403 and 401 near Brantford and Woodstock. I feel like it'd be better if they spent their time patrolling looking for drunk drivers, cell phone drivers, speeders etc.

Remeber this one?

https://www.thestar.com/news/ontario/2009/02/11/police_officer_charged_with_street_racing.html

They've tried, but they end up running away from criminals

Maybe it's better they stick to speed traps on empty roads in the middle of the night.

That there is equal opportunity hiring standards at it's finest ;)

From Toronto sun. Kowasaki. Nice....lol

According to the radar gun, it was rocketing down the freeway at nearly twice the 100 km/h speed limit.
The 35-year-old was charged with stunt driving, had his licence suspended for seven days, and had his Kowasaki impounded for that same amount of time.
“My guess is ... he was just out there ripping it up,” OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt said.

From Toronto sun. Kowasaki. Nice....lol

According to the radar gun, it was rocketing down the freeway at nearly twice the 100 km/h speed limit.
The 35-year-old was charged with stunt driving, had his licence suspended for seven days, and had his Kowasaki impounded for that same amount of time.
“My guess is ... he was just out there ripping it up,” OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt said.
...“That’s what sport bikes do. They want to go fast, they want to enjoy the speed."

Nice stereotyping Mr. Copper :mad:

...“That’s what sport bikes do. They want to go fast, they want to enjoy the speed."

Nice stereotyping Mr. Copper :mad:

I don't think there'd be anyone that would disagree with that assessment though.

18 year old one wheel wonder splitin traffic @ 8pm is a far different scenario than a 35 year old running through a gear or two @ 2am

Edit: for some perspective, and having driven by the scene, the marks suggest that kid likely wasn't even encroaching on s.172 speeds. What he was doing is what s.172 was supposedly designed to crack down on.... Hiding behind lamp post etc won't do much to curb that behaviour

Last edited:
Hiding behind lamp post etc won't do much to curb that behaviour

Yes, yes it will. People don't drive like idiots if they think there's a possibility there's a cop watching.

As as a matter of fact I just saw a tool in a big jacked up pickup roar down a side street in Norwood about a half hour ago, driving like an idiot (probably doing 80 on a 40 side street), "Rollin' coal" out of his stacks. OPP he didn't see parked at the corner of highway 7 promptly pulled him over when he came roaring around the corner and onto the highway without the brake lights even coming on.

Bet he'll think twice about driving like an idiot for the next while for concern about a cop "hiding behind a lamppost".

The fact they're out there, sometimes where you don't see them is a deterrent, end of story. You're welcome to live in whatever version of reality you so choose, however.

I wish, but my bike doesn't go that fast :D

Yes, yes it will. People don't drive like idiots if they think there's a possibility there's a cop watching.

As as a matter of fact I just saw a tool in a big jacked up pickup roar down a side street in Norwood about a half hour ago, driving like an idiot (probably doing 80 on a 40 side street), "Rollin' coal" out of his stacks. OPP he didn't see parked at the corner of highway 7 promptly pulled him over when he came roaring around the corner and onto the highway without the brake lights even coming on.

Bet he'll think twice about driving like an idiot for the next while for concern about a cop "hiding behind a lamppost".

The fact they're out there, sometimes where you don't see them is a deterrent, end of story. You're welcome to live in whatever version of reality you so choose, however.

And if that OPP was visible from the start that truck would have never put 'so many' in 'such danger'

... as for your last little jab there, reads just like a leo press release. Well done. Fortunatly for me, my reality doesn't require copious amounts of bubble wrap. For one, I find there is a distinction between speeding and stupidity; you clearly see it differently.. Being smug about it has no purpose beyond highlighting your social standard sense of superiority. FWIW I'm willing to fight for a society where we're not legislated into a bunch of boring mindless drones... Don't ever speed (regardless of circumstance), don't make that joke, don't express that opinion, don't smoke that, don't drink this... Be as submissive to the system as you like; I'll keep trying to live, just a little

Back
Top Bottom