Yamaha SCR950 Scrambler | GTAMotorcycle.com

Yamaha SCR950 Scrambler

DejaVu

I came across this on social media last night.

http://canadamotoguide.com/2016/06/08/2017-yamaha-scr950/

2017_SCR950_Grey_B2_l.jpg

OMG, did they give it to the fuggly as hell crew to design it?

This is all wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong.

I don't hate it but several things about it look off. The protruding downtubes. The low-slung exhaust. That peanut-tank bulge.

Reminds me of an ex. Not a looker. Gave sublime head.

Prolly worthy of a test ride.

I don't hate it but several things about it look off. The protruding downtubes. The low-slung exhaust. That peanut-tank bulge.

Reminds me of an ex. Not a looker. Gave sublime head.

Prolly worthy of a test ride.

I Laughed hard !!!!!

Looks better with a hipster on it:

2017_SCR950_Grey_A2_l.jpg

It's no scrambler though. What's wrong with calling standard bikes standards?

Give it a bigger Bonneville/CB1100 style tank, drop the silly number plates, stretch the seat a bit. Maybe tidy up the tail and beef up the suspension too. Then you have a decent, if unremarkable standard. Calling this thing a Scrambler is even more of a stretch than Triumph's "modern classic".

and a whopping 49 HP....there's one born every minute :rolleyes:

I'll bet that was done to be in the Learner Bike category for the boomers wanting to get back into the game after 30-40 years.

49 HP is Sportster territory, a demographic Yamaha was clearly targeting when it introduced the Bolt. The 650 Burg is maybe 55 HP and 600 lb, so the PWR is fine for a cruiser/commuter. Maybe insurance is a bit milder too.

Horsepower numbers can be very deceiving. Case in point my Triumph Scrambler comes in at around 44-50hp depending on the source but it'll put major hurt on my 67hp SOHC Honda. Just keeping it real for those who care about that sort of thing. Wait is about the same.

750 Four? What year, you bastid?

Long gone. 1975 CB750. Rode it for ten yrs. Fully cafed including braced frame, swing arm ladder and KZ1000 double disc front end. While everybody else was running around on RZ500's, RG500's, GS1100's always two steps behind lol.

Looks better with a hipster on it:

2017_SCR950_Grey_A2_l.jpg

It's no scrambler though. What's wrong with calling standard bikes standards?
Why's he sitting on the back seat?

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom