Shark raw helmet, red button on strap broke! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Shark raw helmet, red button on strap broke!

rashidme

did it happen to shark raw helmet owners? I have had the helmet since 2014 and is currently with Ready Powersports in Mississauga for warranty work (dropped it off there on Saturday June 4). I called to get a status update and no one picked up,I left a voicemail and no one called! Does it take that long to fix a simple button?? Good thing I kept the receipt.

My shoei helmet which is probably 5 years old has had no issues.

Warranty work, is generally a low priority for dealers as the rates paid for labour are lower than a cash customer. If it is also not a common issue, getting a part may be an issue. In reality, it hasn't been that long NOTHINg would have happened Saturday, so it would not have even been "looked" at until sometime Monday.

Likely it would have to go back to the distributor -the dealer would need approval to repair/replace.

Warranty work, is generally a low priority for dealers as the rates paid for labour are lower than a cash customer. If it is also not a common issue, getting a part may be an issue. In reality, it hasn't been that long NOTHINg would have happened Saturday, so it would not have even been "looked" at until sometime Monday.

that sucks, oh well I have another helmet so I am not missing ride time.

My helmet is still with Ready Powersports in Mississauga and when i dropped by to get an update (since they won't pick up phone and won't call me) they told me that they are waiting on some sort of a machine that is used to put the button onto the chin strap?? come on!! I dropped off the helmet on June 4 and now its been a month.

What should I do? any advice?

luckily for me, the helmet stays very much strapped even without the button. mine was actually a magnet the sewing came apart
so i have a strap that flails in the wind, but helmet stays as tight as ever!

The SHARK helmet importer/distributor in Canada is Yamaha Canada. If you bought the helmet from a Yamaha dealer then talk to Yamaha Canada. They are in the GTA.

Back
Top Bottom