M2 Exit Hamilton route/tips | GTAMotorcycle.com

M2 Exit Hamilton route/tips

foglies

Hi everyone,

I just took and passed my M2 exit test this morning and I got a lot of tips from this site, so I thought I would share my experience, my own tips, and also the route that I was taken on in case this helps anyone locally that may be taking this test. I was on a Harley with loud pipes and you can hear the instructor clearly through the headset provided. I brought an ear plug for the other ear to ensure I could hear clearly.

This is the route I was taken on:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=12bW0IBseG1vu88hJProaepovB5M&usp=sharing

Tips:
-Do a shoulder and mirror check when you are on your bike at the begging of your test
-Be obvious with all shoulder & mirror checks
-For changing lanes remember: Mirror, signal, shoulder, mirror, proceed
-When stopped at a stop sign or light do traffic/mirror checks
-While riding do mirror checks every 10 seconds
-At stop signs/lights left foot on the ground, bike in gear, right foot on the rear brake at all times
-Feet up on your pegs early with less than 3 feet forward roll
-Scan for threats at intersections, parking lots etc
-Watch your speed
-No braking while cornering
-No gear changes while cornering
-For emergency stop, mirror, signal, shoulder, mirror. Come to a complete stop. Put on your 4 ways. Turn off the bike, turn the wheel to the left, dismount. They will tell you to proceed. Start the bike, 4 ways off, mirror, signal, shoulder, proceed.
-Watch your lane positioning and ensure you on the correct track.

"watch your speed" especially around school zone. 40 km max. I did 32-35 km (radar sign) . Find out where the school is before hand.

Can you guys clarify the mto way for making left turns from a stop light. Do you assume blocking position always thru right and left turns ? or ie.
While turning left from a light you are in the right tire track are you able to continue into the left tire track then shove over to the right again ?

Thanks foglies. Is the test entirley on-road? I got my m2 last season and I'm tempted just to get my full M now. The only thing you have me concerned about is the 4-way signals...I wasn't even aware my bike had that!! I need to figure that out pronto! lol

Thanks foglies. Is the test entirley on-road? I got my m2 last season and I'm tempted just to get my full M now. The only thing you have me concerned about is the 4-way signals...I wasn't even aware my bike had that!! I need to figure that out pronto! lol

Most bikes dont have 4 ways

Most bikes don't have 4 ways. This was done on a street glide, hold down both left and right signals. Try it, this may work on your model. Otherwise you just signal to the right.

Last edited:

Yes the bike is completely on road. I believe you have to be licensed for 2 full years on your m2 before you can take the exit test for your M

Back
Top Bottom